Home

Tatooine secret? Help Wart!!

Guest Vader13

Guest Vader13

I posted this message before, but I'm not sure I was understood. When you are at the Sarlac pit, and you go up and to the right, there seems to be a ledge UNDER the ledge where you walk/jump across. You can clearly see it when you are of the right side of the sceern after you have made past the sand people and you have gotten the special item in the upper right hand of this area. Any thoughts?

Guest Pizza the Hutt

Not sure about that, but I've fallen into the sarlaac pit several times and jumped out.

Guest Darth Wart

Yeah, I saw that message too but didn't know what to make of it. I thought you were just talking about the ledge with the golden points bonus.

But evidently you're not.

I've been wandering around this stupid pit, trying to find out what you're talking about. Because "after you have made past the sand people," you can't see the Sarlaac pit at all.

If you mean this: "After you have crossed that divided walkway on which you kill that single sandperson, proceed to the right of the screen. Against the far wall you can see two ledges: a long one, with a yellow thing on it, and a smaller one, with a Jedi special weapon on it. Directly BELOW that second one, there is a second squarish ledge with nothing on it...."

If THAT'S the one you mean, then it leads nowhere. If you haven't done so already, just jump down there. It leads to no secret areas or surprises that I can see. No reason to be scared of it.

But I was confused because you said this ledge is "under the part where you walk;" I wouldn't agree with that.

At least, that's the ledge I THINK you're talking about.

My only explanation for this seemingly purposeless ledge: I have a hunch the programmers thought that it was too easy to slip into the Sarlaac pit and die, so they included several safeguards, such as this ledge, to make it a little easier on the player to recover if he slipped in.

But they didn't get things just right, and they wound up making things a LOT easier for the player. I've never once fallen into the Sarlaac accidentally.

------------------

Wart

animluke.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Darth Wart (edited May 14, 2000).]

Archived