Home

One Simple Model Q.

Pinky

I've just recently discovered the whole JKII multiplayer scene, it's amazing what the v.talented people in the community have come up with.

Anyway I've downloaded some fab models, but the trouble is that very often they're named according to who created them, for example i found a great Vader model called 'Cheshire_Vader'. The trouble is I don't want to kill 'Cheshire_Vader', I want to kill 'Darth Vader'.

So, basically what I want to know is how to rename models. I tried opeing up the .pk3 file and editing the botname in the scripts directory, which changed the name that is displayed when you select the bots, but attempting to bring them into the game simply results in an error message and no joy.

What do I need to do?

You were right in editing the .bot file, that is all you should have to do. However, you can't simply edit the file within the .pak file. What you should do is create a new folder, for our purposes, let's call it 'models,' with a 'scripts' subfolder and extract the bot file into the 'scripts' folder (alternately, you could just extract the file into the 'models' using subfolders). Edit the .bot file you extracted (give it the name you want, you may also want to add little things like dual sabers, hilts, etc. if you have jedimod), and delete the original .bot file that is inside the .pak file. Now, place the pak file into the 'models' folder you made. Open the .pak file, and click on 'add' (I'm assuming you're using winzip). Select the 'models' folder, and click on 'add with wildcards.' The .bot file should be added to the .pak with the proper path. Then simply replace the .pak file in the base directory, and you should be set.

Cheers Morthvargr, i'll give it a go. You're right I am unsing JediMOD (or ForceMOD to be precise), so i'll look at adding two sabes etc if it's not too hard :)

Another thing I noticed when I was playing as Yoda, he's suddenly had a growth spurt! I know I've got to edit the tckconfig file (or something, can't remember the exact name) but can I just change the name in the file, or are there more 'hidden' steps like with renaming the models?

Thanks again.

It's simple to add double sabers, here is what you put in:

tck_doublesaber 1

This is a single double-bladed saber.

tck_doublesaber 2

This is a pair of single-bladed sabers.

tck_doublesaber 3

This is two double-bladed sabers.

Additionally, you can add this:

tck_extended 1

That, of course, makes the bot's blades extended.

For hilts, you can put in this:

hilt "(hilt name)"

hilt2 "(hilt name)"

'Hilt' is the right hand hilt, and 'hilt2' is the left hand hilt.

You can also give the bots custom-colored sabers with these:

tck_saberred (value)

tck_sabergreen (value)

tck_saberblue (value)

As far as I know, it is not possible to give the bot two different-colored sabers.

To change a model's size, you must edit the tckmodel.cfg. However, it affects models, and is not specific for bots. Which is to say that you couldn't have a bot using the yoda model named "Yoda" scaled down, while having a yoda model bot named "Joe" as a giant. Anyway, to alter a model's size, open the tckmodel.cfg, and add a line like this:

"(modelname)" 1 1

The first "1" is the model size, and 1 is the default. Yoda's size is supposed to be .56. The second "1" is saber size (I believe it only affects length, and not girth). Yoda's is supposed to be .62. The file that I have already had Yoda included, you may be using a different skin that makes it a seperate model. If this is the case, just copy those numbers, and he should be the same size as the original.

Would editing the bot file mean that the pk3 ends up being different than the one a server holds?

I'm wondering if changing such a small aspect of a file in a pk3 would result in the pk3 not matching the version a server holds, and therefore being rejected if it's a pure server.

Anyone know if this is the case or not?

Archived