Home

Favorite Video Game Of All Time

Guest Darth Spawn

Guest Kurgan

Hey ASithWarrior, just curious, but WHICH AvP game did you like?

I'm assuming the Jaguar FPS (the first one) was probably before your time.

The SNES fighter? The arcade fighter? The PC shooter?

I haven't played the Jag game, although if I can find one used, I'll get it for sure (looks great). The SNES game was okay, but the rest were rockin' games. The PC one runs pretty poorly on my old system though. : (

Kurgan

Guest Mace_Windu

Final Fantasy VII is by far the best game ever. I find it disturbing that many of you ranked it low on your lists(or not at all). The only thing that could be improved on this game were graphics. If it had the same graphics as FFVIII it would definitly be regarded as the best game ever by almost everyone. Even with the bad graphics it is still regarded as the best game ever on many psx websites ive visited. JPB is good but not the best. Also, did anyone try DJ69's codes????

Guest Jedi Shadow

Ok so I'm late, but I figured what the heck.

1)The Turtles (NES)

2)Metal Gear Solid

3)Resident evil 1 and 3

4)Jedi Power battles

5)Duke Nukem 2

------------------

pic2.JPG

Guest ShadeShifter

The reason I didn't put FFVII on my list is because I found that (for me) it had a low replay level.

If I had to rank my favorite RPG games it would be.

Final Fantasy Legend 2

Final Fantasy Tactics (I forgot to put it on my other list)

Final Fantasy Legend 1

Dragon Warrior 3

These 4 RPG's have a very interesting storyline, good replay value, and very good depth.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest Feilnyn

I've played Final Fantasy VII through, and there were times that I thought this game was the greatest creation ever. Once I reached the end of disc 2 and all of disc 3, however, I started to get really bored and hate the game. In short, I loved the game up until the end of the 2nd disc. Anyone agree?

------------------

cut2.jpg

"A jedi needs only his Lightsaber. In battle, he and his weapon become a single fighting unit..."

Guest ShadeShifter

I liked the whole storyline of FFVII except for the ending. Disc 3 seemed uneeded. The only new action on it was the final level and battle. The ending was horrible. I know that the ending was supposed to be mysterious, but it was too open. There were too many questions left unresolved.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest Ikhnaton

Kurgan, good choices smile.gif

I always liked TMNT arcade game, I loved playing Double Dragon on the NES, and MK Trilogy is a badas game (which i can't play on my new PC because of the voodoo3 card frown.gif)

JK and Unreal are awesome, I'm finishing up Unreal for the first time right now. JK I still play to this day.

I also was very fond of Double Dribble for NES, and Joust for the Atari biggrin.gif believe it or not, I'm awfully fond of PONG as well.

Guest ShadeShifter

Joust, now that's a game I haven't played in a while. I remember that my ultimate goal was to kill that blasted Pterodactyl.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest 84Elan

I too have problems staying interested in RPG's and other story/action sequence games. I bought Fear effect and it was goo for the first disk or so then It got old an damn hard so I traded it in.

Hey Kurgan I had the Intellevison version of the Empire Strikes Back the game with the snow speeder and the orange spot to nail on the AT-AT'S (either on the back side high or under the neck) was there an ending to that game? It just kept getting faster and faster till they finally got to the base. But it was cool at the time.

Guest Kurgan

The NES Double Dragon.. I had a real love/hate relationship with that game.

See, I never owned an NES. I rented one many times, and played the one my best friend had, but I never bought one.

Double Dragon for the arcade had the better 1 or 2 player adventure, even though it was shorter than the NES one, the graphics were better, and I hated having to "learn" the moves in the NES one. I hated the cartoony graphics in the console port, and especially the way they took away your weapons the second you got them (seemed like). The "puzzles" were lame as well.

In fact, the only thing I liked about the NES version were the 1 on 1 battles (yes!).

I remember one time a friend and I rented it, just for that part of the game. The ultimate would have been to give the arcade version a duel mode. Maybe somebody could hack the arcade rom and do that. ; )

I think most of those SW games did NOT have an ending to them, just as most non-rpg video games didn't until probably the mid to late 80's.

Pong was okay, I haven't played it that much honestly. ; )

Joust, yes, now there's a game.. and Joust 2 is even better. ; )

MK Trilogy is also great, because it was the last (sadly) MK game that used digitized sprites of actors instead of polygons.

Kurgan

Guest Mace_Windu

Which double dragon is evryone talking about??? i only had 2 and that wasn't bad. My friend had 3 and that one was much better then 2. Ive never played the original

------------------

mace_windu_gold.jpg

May the force be with you....

Archived