Home

emulators

Guest d_eisenga

Guest d_eisenga

Are there any free emulators that can run JPB? If so, which emulaor does it the best?

I know i could buy a playstation or dreamcast, but i'm not gonna for 1 good game.

Guest Boba Rhett

There's not any free good ones. Do yourself a favor and go spend ten bucks on a copy of the program BLEEM. You can get it at most game stores. It will run most PS games very well well. You could dl the bleem demo but it doesn't support sound and other features.

Connectix Virtual Game Station is the best, and it runs jedi power battles almost with out a hitch. however the one little problem is the cutscene video and sound are jerky. i think it has something to do with how fast it's reading the cd or something. hey use windows explorer or something and go into the cd! i thought the psx was a completly different system from the pc! (i.e.can't see mac files) i thought it was kind of strange that i could see files. and the really odd thing is that on the demolition cd there are directories that are named things like movies! quite odd, but also intresting.

Guest d_eisenga

I'd buy BLEEM if i could. the problem is I live in Holland and I don't think BLEEM is available here. I've never seen it. But I read JPB will come for GBA too. I could just wait for the ROM and emulator.

Guest d_eisenga

where can i get that emulator?

and does anyne know if the JPB for GBA rom can be downloaded already?

Guest Kurgan

Sony got all hot and bothered by Bleem! and took them to court a few times. Now they're pressuring stores to remove Bleem!, Bleem!pod (lets you use PSX controllers on a DC) and Bleem!cast (lets you play Gran Turismo2 or Metal Gear Solid PSX on a DC with improved graphics and faster load times, far beyond what a PS2 can do with them).

Personally I think Sony is off, because they make money from the sale of games, not the systems. I buy PSX games to play on emulators. So yeah, I didn't have to buy a PSX system, but so what? They still made money off me. So Bleem! is helping them, not hurting them. And if people choose to pirate games, it's not Bleem!'s fault. After all, you don't need Bleem! to pirate PSX games, you can do that on a legally purchased Playstation! So Bleem! is suing Sony now...

You can read all about it at their site:

http://www.bleem.com

As far as PSX emulation on the PC is concerned, I like VGS better. ( http://www.connectix.com ). True, the graphics aren't improved much from the original PSX, but it supports more games and they tend to work better. The games that Bleem! does support tend to look better (you can run them in higher res, with 3d acceleration) than VGS though.

You can get demos of both programs, and there are numerous free emus out there.

A good place to start looking is http://www.arcadeathome.com (when it's up that is).

Note that we won't tolerate posting where to get illegal copies of commercial game roms or bootleg iso's. But emulators (and freeware/public domain roms) are fine. After all, you can legally buy them in stores, and you're supposed to have the real games to play with them anyway (or else they come with roms sanctioned by the actual company who owns them, like the Sega Smash Pack, Namco Museum, Midway/Williams Greatest Hits, etc).

Kurgan

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

Guest Garindan

LOL good for bleem! i'm considering buying bleem for psx. what r the requirements? do i need more than 63 megs of ram? i got a 600 mhz computer with an intel 810e chipset driver.

Guest d_eisenga

Oh, I feard tha ROMs are legal to download as long as you delete them after 24 hours.

Sorry if I was wrong. Won't happen again

Guest d_eisenga

Whoops! Major typing error!

What i meant was:

I've read that roms are legal etc.

thought you might not understand a word of it...

Archived