Home

A suggestion

Rekked

I was thinking if this could be done: having a Jedi quit his darker and longer robes in game,kind of what Maul does in the final duel with Qui-Gonn and Obi, just by pressing a key. I don't know if some animations from the humanoid.gla could be taken for this... i know nothing about coding.

I know that doing this there would have to be a change in model distributing, but i think it would be cool and worth it.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

=========================================================================

Model Name: "Tyrion.pk3"

Author Mesh & Skins: António "BloodRiot" Perestrelo

Tim "Absath" Buckley

Email: Bloodriot@netcabo.pt , Absath@ignmail.com

Sounds:

Concept:

==========================================================================

NOTES FROM THE AUTHORS:

Bloodriot:

Doing this model was a very pleasurable experience since im working on a project i had in mind since JK1. Once again it was a pleasure to work with my firend Absath who showed undeniable commitment to this lil hobby. This Jedi/Sith model will be the first of many that will eventually be a part of a large scale project.

Hope you enjoy playing with our characters as much as we like to make them.

Cheers you all.

Absath:

What can I say. Another model I'm proud to have been a part of. This one I like especially because it is an original character, and we didn't have to follow any vision but our own. We have many plans for this character and others like him, and I'm looking forward to each. These models may not be everyone's choice, and certainly don't carry the notoriety that the Fett's had, but I'm sure there are many people out there who will enjoy these characters as much as I do. Have fun ;) And as usual, questions regarding the skin or texture aspect of the model, can be emailed to me and I'll try to answer in a timely fashion.

DISCLAIMER:

For the time being we are not going to be allowing reskins or SP level use of this character. This is so we have a chance to develop our own SP storyline we have in development, and to give us a chance to establish the character in accordance to our vision. After we have accomplished that, we will be moving onto new projects, and allow the community to use the character for whatever purposes they choose. We of course cannot prevent people from reskinning the model, or from making him SP playable, but we will be contacting JK2 files sites to take down any files submitted that use our works if we see them, until we announce that he is available for SP use.

*Information *

Polycount: Not that much... about 2700 tops

CTF Yes

bots Yes

Custom sounds Yes

LOD support - No

* Copyright / Permissions *

Certain Sound files within are the copyright of Lucas Arts.

##############################################################

© 2002 LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC.

© 2002 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM or ® as indicated.

All rights reserved. Used under authorization.

LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks

of Lucasfilm Ltd.

© Raven Software LTD 2002, Activision

##############################################################

Where did you just see that? This is the readme file from the Tyrion model, and i can't see anything related to it. I'm sill interested in the subject, so it'll be cool if you told me where you saw that!

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I just D/L the model... and yes it has that option, and it rocks but....

1) you have to bind a key for each model you want to robe/cape

2)there is no animation.

Could some coder help me get this going? I would do it myself, but i have no coding abilities... some links, please?

The way it should be done is to bind the action of takinfg off the robes to an already made animation that looked like quiting hood or robe, then changing model. Taking the animation should'nt be hard, JediPlus does this for taunting. As where for model changing... already done. It's just putting these two things together, and finding the correct animation (which, by the way, i have just seen the whole 17000 frames and still can't point the perfect one.... any comments?).

Please, someone send feedback!

I will say it again.....

We can make animations however, we do not have the tools/know how to get them in the game yet. If raven would throw us a freaken bone here it would help.

But as for now, we can not add animations to the game. Trust me, many have tried. They all have failed. Flase claims about "I made Darth Maul stance" or "I made an animation" have poped up. The truth being each animation was used in one player.

The emotes found in JediMod/JediPlus/Forcemod/Saberistmod/ect. where all used in the single player or in the code already. Also the 2 one handed stances found in those modes where one player NCP stances.

We hope in the future to be able to use new animations, but we just can't do it as of now. In the future we hope we get that Freakin Bone, but by then I think Star Wars Galaxies will be out and many will switch from JK2 to SWG, and we will not need the help from raven to edit a game we just arent playing.

Do I Think We will ever see new animations in JK2?

Yes

Will I Ever really Care?

No

-DarthDarth

Archived