Home

sad 6yo needs help with with jpb

Guest darthmike

Guest darthmike

I bought this game for my son a month ago and it's so damn hard that the kid can't play it. And when I try to help, it beats my ass too! The codes posted on this site haven't worked for me and we don't have gameshark. Are there any other codes out there? Help!

Thanks allot.....

Mike

Guest 84Elan

The only thing that I can tell you is to Block more block more often. Blocking is the key to this game that and a ton of patiences for the jumping aspects of the game. If you can master the block then your game will go a whole lot better. The one thing to remember is that you do not have to keep moving all the time(there is not time limit less level 9) take the game by the numbers slow and methodical. If you rush through you are bound to get nailed and hard.

Sorry I can not be more help but that is the nuts and bolts of it. That and Warts Guide which I highly recommend hands down.

------------------

Remember...Your Focus Determins your Reality....

Guest Feilnyn

You may want to try this strategy which I learned from the Official Jedi Power Battles

Prima Strategy Guide. When you are stumbling around in a level and spot a droid (a single enemy or maybe a tight group) charge at your foe slightly to one side avoiding blaster fire by not going head-on.

When you are alongside him, punch one of your three powerful running attacks (the "X" is the stab and is very effective). Just after hitting your attack button, tap the Lock-On button "R1" and your Jedi will pivot to land his devistating slash with perfect accuracy. Another trick I love (with Mace and Qui-Gon) is zigzagging around the room and "collecting" enemies, until there are a good number of them chasing you. Then, quickly turn to face your mob and when they catch up with you, use your close-range Force power ("L2"+ Triangle) and watch them all perish! What are the forum members' favorite strategies???

Guest Maul Clone

Yeah, I really wouldn't recommend this game for gaming amateurs or kids. It's hard as hell. I would reccomend you take it back, or trade it in for The Phantom Menace for PSX. As least you will be able to play that one, it's probably more what you son expected too.

JPB is just too hard for a 6 year old. And it's really gets hard in later levels.

If your stuborn though I suggest you get good at it and help him though it in 2 player mode. It's a blast that way anyway.

The strategy that I found most helpful is the running lock-on attack. Run close to a droid, hit an attack button, and then imediatly hit the lock on button R1 when the attack animation begins. It hits every time. The X button running attack works really really well with this method, makes fighting twice as easy.

That, use Force powers A LOT. And be very very careful when jumping.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

I wouldn't recommend exchanging JPB for TPM. TPM is horrible, and at least in JPB you can pretty much guarantee blocking(Unless your blocking bar goes red, but that's only temporary). Keep JPB. I think Jedi Kenobi said his seven year old nephew was his two player partner, and they were doing fine.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Feilnyn

But at least in The Phantom Menace for PSX, you have an invincibility code (debug mode).

I have a little brother just recently turned 7, and he does fine in the JPB fighting, but the jumping is way too hard for him.

Archived