Home

hey anyone in here want to help me make a web page

Guest obi_wan_kenobi

im about to say something embarrassing............i dont know how to make a web page and post it on the net.:::waits for laughter to go away and everyones quite::: i bet your thinking,"oh god,he's serious." yes im serious. sorry

Guest obi-tom-kenobi

PLEASE WILL U COUNT ME IN I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE A WEB PAGE WITH SOMEONE! IN OTHER WORDS COUNT ME IN GUYS biggrin.gif

------------------

obi-tom

Guest obi-tom-kenobi

well... i have sort of i was building a web page but i dumped it cause it were rubbish!

------------------

obi-tom

Guest Pure Guiness

If you need to know how to make frames, or some java applets, give me a line and I'll try to help out smile.gif

------------------

Watchin the game, having a bud

All good things come to those who..............

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I've made several small websites. I maintained one for a clan, I currently maintain one for my friend's levels for jediknight. I will get everything started if I can get some info, like what type of page, what webpage provider we get and stuff.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I've tried Homestead, Tripod, and Xoom. Homestead's the best and easiest, but slower than sh**. Tripod is easy, but not my favorite. Xoom is like Tripod. I've never tried Geocities though, if anyone has any info on that.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

No, I have the sitebuilder, I mean it's slow to load the page on a browser. There are some that miraculously load fast.

Guest ShadeShifter

Load times are dependant on more than just the server. The amount of code on the page play a really big part. Most of my pages load quick on Homestead because I keep the graphics to a minium unless it's a graphics page. Builders usually put in a lot of extra code that isn't needed, and unfortunately the only way to avoid this is to not use the builder.

------------------

newsig3.jpg

Come to the TimeSlide.

Thanks to Jedi Kanigget for the pic.

Guest jedihorn1

Originally posted by Jedi Kanigget:

Homestead's not that slow, just download their web page builder, it's much faster that way.

My friend here is right. If you don't know a lot about web desighn and you have a group helping, homestead is definatly a real good choice. It may be slow, but it works.

------------------

jedinew.jpg

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I love homestead, it rocks. I just think it's slow. I know all about homestead. It's what I use most. I was just saying that it's slower than others. The reason it's so slow is like ShadeShifter said. They have so many cool but unnecissary features that slow it down.

Guest ihatecrosswinds

Crosswinds gives you unlimited disk space, and doesn't force any banners on your pages. The only catch is a temporary one. They are having new RAID servers installed, and until that is done, their uploading is very slow, as well as FTP.

------------------

banner_.jpg

Guest DarthMace

<font color=red> <center>

Originally posted by obi-wan13:

im about to say something embarrassing............i dont know how to make a web page and post it on the net.:::waits for laughter to go away and everyones quite::: i bet your thinking,"oh god,he's serious." yes im serious. sorry

don't worry neiter do I redface.gif

------------------

mace.jpg

DarthMace the evil twin of JediMace master of both the ligthtdagger and lightsaber

ex-dark lord of the Sith Order

member of the un-council

team coach

Guest DarthNemesis

I have a lot of experience with writing basic HTML (links, tables, formatting, etc.) plus I've got Microsoft FrontPage and Under Construction (two page builders), so if you need any help contact darthnemes1s@aol.com.

Archived