Home

Can Someone Recommend A Good Book?

Guest Dave Maul

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by Jedi Joe:

BOOKS BLOW BIG ASS NO ONE IN HERE SHOULD READ ANY BOOKS

Yes… well, that's the sort of blinkard, philistine, pig ingnorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Weasel

Just a suggestion for Tolkien fans. If you really want to understand the Lord of the Rings read his book called The Similarion (spelling may be wrong) It is a little on the boring side but covers the history of Tolkiens world as well as the rings.

Guest Kurgan

Actually, the fantasy genre existed long before Tolkien.

Recall old myths were published from the various Welsh, Norse, Irish, etc sources.

King Arthur anyone?

In fact, Tolkien's translation of "Sir Gawaine and the Green Knight" is quite good, if you can find it.

I will say that Tolkien revitalized and made fantasy more mainstream with his works. Without him, it wouldn't have been as big as it has been in recent years.

Kurgan

Guest Stormtrooper

GO KANIGGET!!! BOOKS RULE!!! im not being sarcastic or anything coz i like to read. Its much better than getting information offf computers. I like playing on computers and that but if books were replaced by computers it would be a sad world indeed.

Guest Kurgan

Books are here to stay. Less than one percent of the world's population has a computer. Of course not everyone is literate, but you still have picture books.

; )

Paper + ink is cheaper than electricity + plastics (+ some metals, and glass for the monitor).

Kurgan

Guest Dave Maul

Thanks for the reccommendations, guys. I had to go with Time and Again as that is one of the few books that was available at my local library (many of the others with on loan). I really enjoyed it, and I handed in my review this morning. So I should hear something about September.

This is a great topic: I start the topic, and I post the +30th reply.

Thanks again for the help.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Archived