Home

Wart's walkthrough levels 13-end

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

LEVEL THIRTEEN: GUNGAN ROUNDUP

Maybe it’s just me, but this level seems like an inhumane, almost Nazi-esque exercise in cruelty (could you imagine this same level with Queen Amidala as the “hockey puck”?). I also find this level extremely difficult, about as difficult as beating Maul with Plo! Many times when I play I am unable to score a SINGLE goal (so read what follows with a grain of salt). What’s worse, I find this level to be no fun whatsoever.

On one player, you’re the blue guy. The goal into which you need to prod Jar-Jar is to the right of the arena, but your score is on the upper left of the screen.

Let the other guy prod Jar-Jar first; get to one side to re-prod Jar-Jar only after he does. It seems you can direct Jar-Jar more accurately that way. I also find it’s more effective to guard the other guy’s goal than run around after Jar-Jar.

When Jar-Jar runs into your goal, you may not see it, but Yoda will make that mmmm-hmmmm noise. Unfortunately the little green twerp also makes that noise for the other guy. Whose side is he on? Anyway, when this happens, Jar-Jar is magically teleported to the center ring for renewed torture.

You cannot run and prod at the same time. Also you can “lock-on” to Jar-Jar, so be careful with the rolling problem. Finally, be aware that you are given no warning whatsoever when the timer expires and all three of you are reset for a new game.

Whoever’s got the most points when the timer expires wins. If there’s a tie when the timer expires, you’ll have to start again, minus one credit.

You only have to score three goals to win, not necessarily more than the other guy. When you do win, though, there’ll be nothing that tells you so. But the prize will be unlocked when you exit. (Recently I have been informed that all you have to do is let the computer win and that section will be unlocked—you don’t have to score a single goal. [Cloud & 84Elan] This would be a lot of trouble for me to verify, since I’d have to start a completely new game. Hence I haven’t.)

Alex Elercant doesn’t sympathize with my inability to excel at this level: “What’s the problem with this game?” he writes. “You just stay slightly left from the center, so that your opponent while trying to hit Jar Jar gets shocked with your slash as well. So, Jar Jar runs to your cages, and the computer Gungan stays nearby helpless. 0:10—not a problem!” You can decide for yourself whether this works.

Don’t bother trying to jump out the world you’ve been given; ain’t happening.

The prize for this level is being able to see the “concept art” slideshow that was putatively used in drafting the game. Access this from the options menu (available from where you can Load or Continue game). Maddeningly, you’ll have to score three points on this round every time you want to review that artwork; your success on this level isn’t saved. Soon as you turn off your Playstation, you have to do it all over again.

This level is unlocked by collecting three Gungan artifacts throughout the game (see FAQ below). From what people are telling me, though, they need to be picked up by normal characters.

LEVEL FOURTEEN: SURVIVAL CHALLENGE

Your basic strategy here is running around in circles. Seriously.

Try to be defensive; there are many ways of getting the droids to shoot each other; you’re still given the credit, unlike in the rest of the game.

Doing this level with Qui-Gon enables him to heal himself. That can be important, because it’s like giving yourself a whole ‘nother health bar. And you can get more where that came from if you use that forceup over there just for this purpose. (Just make sure when you L2 + C, it’s right after you’ve dispatched a pair of enemies and the field is momentarily clear.)

However, the key here is running, not taking damage with aplomb. For this, Adi runs the fastest (you can play this level with any your characters, including the unlocked ones, Maul, Amidala, and Panaka; hard to believe the programmers permitted this), but Obi-Wan is probably a wiser choice—Ms. Gallia fights poorly.

I would recommend doing this level with Amidala, if you have that option. Her ability to shoot and kill offscreen monsters does not lead to glitches on this level, and I adjudge this to be ultimately of more value than even Qui-Gon’s healing ability!

Take your time; be as elusive as you can, not confrontational (“Why can’t we all just get along?”) Run around in circles until both monsters are following you in tandem; then, when the moment is right, hack them both. There is no timer at this level, so feel free to run around till things are just the way you like them. (There’s a time for hacking and there’s a time for running around like Shaggy and Scooby; this is the latter. Run around till they follow in synch, then choose your moment well.)

100-90 Run around in circles till both guys are running after you in tandem; then a quick R1 + S will dispatch both in one blow (avoid a more time-consuming stroke).

90-80 Make SURE you run around in circles for these guys, they’ll shoot at you. Get them when they’re together, on the same stroke. You should be running around constantly here. When they drop in, you should already be on the run. Fighting like a coward here is your ticket to success.

80-70 The red droids; same as above, except they're more likely to shoot you. Make sure you're running when they land. They also take more blows. Since there's no timer, the best time to strike is when they're both running after you and they've each recently swung at the air. This means they won't be attacking again for at least another two seconds.

70-60 Rifle droids. Running, running. Keep one off screen at all times; deal with one at a time. The moment a rifle droid lands, it blasts. Watch for shadows and move to get him off-screen. He’s more likely to miss when he fires. From there you can shoot him (this is why I recommend Amidala or Panaka at this level) without getting shot yourself, or use a long-range force technique if you can spare it. A common error here is to run a close circle around the rifle droid, hoping that once he fires you simply can take him out with a quick stroke right there. The problem is that he can swivel that gun around just as fast as you can run, and he’s even allowed to shoot you when the nuzzle of the gun is pointed the opposite direction! Instead, get these guys just offscreen. Wait for them to shoot into the air, then run in and do your work. With these guys, make sure the first stroke of any combo is your fastest back-and-forth stroke. Notice that when they're "on camera," they can only fire one blow at a time, then they have to pause. This pause is your opportunity to strike. If you get them off camera, they can shoot more rounds, but they'll aim too high. Solution: get them on camera briefly, till they shoot at you. Run to the side to dodge their missile, then run at them and take them out. Only do this if the other one's not on the screen at the same time. toward the end, these guys have a tendency to bunch up in one corner. Great time for that grenade.

60-50 The flame droids. Get behind them when they flame. But these guys will complaisantly run after you in tandem as well, if that’s how you want to play things. You can lose a lot of points here and not realize it because your guy doesn't go into his paralytic screams when he gets burned. Wait until you hear six puffs—that means they've both shot their wads and won't be shooting again for a few more seconds. That’s the time to take them out.

50-40 The droidekas. They tend to drop toward the center of the screen. Your solution? Run around the arena in circles, keeping one step ahead of their lasers, till they shoot each other. Don’t waste your time deflecting these guys; they can simply get off too many rounds at you. One strategy is to “line them up” and have one shoot the other while you merely block the shots that do get through. But I wouldn’t advise this; you’ll simply get hit too many times. Just keep running: it takes awhile, but eventually they will shoot each other to pieces, then you can move in to finish the last one. On occasion, they’ll nail you, and you’ll be in close. The time will seem great for a couple of whacks, but don’t do it! Run; don’t strike back. They WANT you to engage. Don’t be beguiled; you don’t have the reserves. Just keep doing those circles – not too close to the wall, not too close to the droids. (These, by the way, are the most difficult monsters you’re going to face. Contrary to what you might assume, the monsters don’t get harder. It’s their sheer numbers that wear you down here.) And did you know that frequently by going to 12:00, you can get them offscreen firing too high? This can be valuable if you’re Qui-Gon and you need a chance to heal yourself unmolested. Done right, this section can take awhile Oh, and there’s usually no way around having to deflect the last one into extinction.

40-30 Get these guys on screen one at a time. Although you can get them to follow around you like the other droids, I wouldn't advise it; each of them takes too many hits to take out. (The Prima guide says they can think for themselves; this just means they'll always block your attacks if you keep using the same ones, so use different combos.) Kill them by deflecting them one by one.

30-20 Notice that these guys’ll never shoot at you; they use only their sticks. Watch out for their lunge; it's always their first attack. Group them together, and toggle lockon while using a square-based slash.

20-10 The Coruscant thugs (save the greenies) will not run around after you; here, you gotta deflect them in leisure, except when their green buddy comes. Then get him to chase you until his cronies are offscreen, do him in, then get back to your deflection. Sometimes you can use the “lining up” strategy, which can work well here.

10-0 You might be wondering what the last enemies are. Some kind of boss monster? No, simple grappling droids. Sort of an anticlimax, wouldn’t you say? This is when I pick up that giant lightsaber thingie. Just a constant R1 + S slaughterfest throughout this whole sequence.

THE ULTIMATE LIGHTSABER

The prize for completing the level is the “ultimate lightsaber.” You’ll be able to turn it off and on from the menu that appears when the game is paused. It will kill everything in a single blow, except boss monsters (although it WILL dispatch the boss monsters’ helpers in a single blow, such as on Coruscant. Droidekas take two blows, though). And though it doesn’t kill the boss monsters in a single blow, it does deliver some potent smacks, so you can typically off a boss monster in just a few blows (Maul excepted).

It looks like your old lightsaber; it’s neither longer nor brighter. It does not deflect lasers any better. Monsters are unable to block it, too; although just because you have it doesn’t mean they still can’t shoot you to pieces. It makes the game a lot easier, and the incredible thing is that ALL your characters get it, even if they haven’t finished to level 10 with 100 points yet. Note also that with the exception of Amidala and Panaka, the “ultimate lightsaber” seems to make your attacks lethal on the first blow, even if you’re not attacking with a lightsaber. (For example, if you use Adi’s “force bubble” with the plasma droids, they’ll be killed instantly; but if you have “ultimate lightsaber” off, it’ll take numerous bumps.) This doesn’t seem to be the case for Amidala and Panaka’s lasers, though, only their fists. This lightsaber can be yours even on “Easy” mode.

I recently posted a clarification about how the lightsaber works, and I think this is a good place to put it:

“The Ultimate Lightsaber does 5 hit points of damage. Given that most monsters (e.g. the green mercenaries on Coruscant) are three hit points or less, yeah, it does manage to kill most monsters in a single blow.

“Some monsters (commander droids, for example, the droids with the yellow heads), are EXACTLY five hit points, so they'll be killed in one blow, too. The Ultimate Lightsaber definitely kills most boss monsters faster (except on level 1, 2, 5, and Maul) because it’s simply dealing more damage with every blow. The exceptions I’ve listed are boss monsters that die from a certain number of blows, not any damage count. Maul, incidentally, is the only boss that can block the Ultimate Saber [shadeShifter].

“But droidekas (the rolling droids) are 6 hit points (except on level 8), which explains why you need two hits to kill them.

“The young Anakin, also, is 6 hit points. You can only kill him with the Ultimate Lightsaber in one stroke if a Tusken Raider also happens to hit him at roughly the same time, because then he will receive the full 6 points he needs to die.

“On Maul (level 10), the Ultimate Lightsaber doesn't make a difference, EXCEPT IN THE FINAL ROOM (the one with the pit, not just the series of forcefield rooms in general). In all the other rooms, you simply need to hit Maul a certain number of times with anything. In that final room, his death is definitely damage-based. So if you've turned off the Ultimate Saber on level 10, suspecting that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to Maul, you're right. Just make sure you turn it on in the very final room.”

Incidentally, there’s no way to get the “bonus lights” for Level 14 to light up white. And due to a minor game glitch, when you finish this round and save the results, it’ll immediately load the same round again. Just exit out.

APPENDIX A: NOTES ON THE CHARACTERS

(Note that combos that end in a force move [L2] will still work even if you’ve got no force left, even the force part.)

Frequently I see the question floating around the forum: “What’s the best Jedi,” or, “What’s the best Jedi to begin with?”

OBI-WAN

For beginners, I would suggest starting with Obi-Wan. The one drawback with him is that his special force attack (L2 + triangle) is completely forgettable (although on occasion it does have its moments). Just make sure when you use it that the guy you wanna nail is directly in front of you.

Obi’s combos: SS, SSS, XXT, SSTS, SSSTL2, XXTSST, XXSST, TL2.

MACE WINDU

For me, the best all-around Jedi is Mace, though you’ll have to play the game through with a couple of other characters before you can appreciate this, or know how to use him right. Otherwise you won’t know how effective Mace’s Force-powers are, or how much time and risk they’re saving you. Sadly, his T and X strokes are slow and stupid.

It might just be me, but I think the game seems harder with Mace (for instance, the boss monsters in levels one and three seems to take more “hits” before they go to their next stage, and the droids seem able to block more). Maybe the programmers ratcheted up the game’s difficulty with him because, if you know how to use him, Mace can make mincemeat out of the monsters in many situations where the other characters simply have some old-fashioned soldiering to do. (I should note that I have gotten few people on the JPB forum to agree with me about this.)

Mace’s combos: SS, SSS, XSST, SSSXL2, SSTT, SSL2.

QUI-GON JINN

The best Jedi to beat Maul with is Qui-Gon. Just lock on and keep pressing X. Due to a game bug, as soon as you get a rhythm going Maul will rarely be able to block or counterattack.

Qui’s combos: TS, SS, SSX, XTX, TSTT, SSTT, SSX, XXT, XTXL2, XTXT.

QUEEN AMIDALA

The best character in general (i.e., the easiest to complete the game with) is Queen Amidala, although, strictly speaking, she does not have her Jedi papers. Unfortunately you need to play through the hard way with Obi-Wan in order to unlock her (unless you’re cheating).

She also seems to have problems jumping as high as the other characters.

For her, the forceups are meaningless. Always. There’s no way she can employ, deplete, or augment her force powers. (Press select to get your vital bars under your character, and you’ll see you’re not even GIVEN a blue bar when you use her.) Lightsaber powerups and the “ultimate saber” do not affect the potency of her laser, but they DO affect the potency of her punches and kicks (one smack on “ultimate saber” and your opponent is immediately dead). [thank you Jedi Kenobi for figuring this out]

Amidala comes with all their combos, but she only has a couple. Hence to her points are meaningless and you can breeze through the certain parts of the game if you’re not in the mood. Her one weakness: kreetles.

(And no, she is not wearing that impossible black dress when you get her.)

Note that the whole blocking thing is weird with her: first of all, if you press L1, she will do a blocking motion, and when she gets hit by a laser a blocking meter will appear and start to orange up. This suggests that you can block your way through a hail of laser bolts. The problem is, sometimes your character will take damage from lasers while you have L1 held, and sometimes she won’t. Occasionally she’ll groan, and again, other times she won’t. (Nor does it have to do with the probable strength of the laser that’s coming at you, i.e. on the theory that a laser coming from a ship, say, the boss monster of Level One, has more punch than one coming from a mere droid.) The whole thing is damnably irregular. Typically, though, when a laser hits Amidala, she will take damage as though you had been standing there normally, whether you have the blocking button on or not. There seems to be no way to predict what’s going to happen in any given situation. So the bottom line is, don’t count on Amidala being able to evade damage by blocking! (One thing she can NEVER do, of course, is deflect a laser back at the shooter, like the Jedis.)

Be careful about using a running X with Amidala and Panaka. You must stop before pressing X to fire; if you don’t, they will swish the air—a completely different sort of attack, to say the least—in an attempt to deliver a gigantic comic-book-style punch. Sometimes when you’re running up and you do this, she’ll get shot to pieces because she didn’t fire like you thought she was going to (or like you had a right to expect). This is a particularly malicious pieces of bad programming, as far as I’m concerned. Just make sure when you use X to fire (I myself prefer the three-shot T), you’ve let up on the paddle before you do so.

Amidala’s combos: SSS, also, T shoots three consecutive shots.

CAPTAIN PANAKA

Everything I say about Amidala above goes for Panaka, too, with these exceptions:

He doesn’t seem to have any problem jumping as high as the other characters.

Panaka’s combos are: SSS, SST. He can also fire two shots fast by pressing X twice quickly. It may just be my imagination, but his laser seems to have slightly more punch than Amidala’s.

ADI GALLIA

According to the Prima strategy guide, Adi runs faster than any of the other characters. She is particularly weak against Maul. Her strongest point is her L2 + S, a destructive bubble that will come in quite handy.

With the exception of Level Ten, I would assert that, generally speaking, the game is hardest with Adi.

Adi’s combos: SSS, XXS, SSST, TTT, TTXT, SSXX, XXSS, TTX, SSTX, XXTT, XXSSX.

“Solrya” has discovered that Adi has some unknown attacks that don’t appear in the manual (e.g. SSX, SST. SS, TT, and XX). But so far no other “secret” combos have been found for any of the other characters.

PLO KOON

The booklet tells us that Plo Koon is exceptionally “strong.” What this means is that it takes him fewer swings than the other characters to hack droids to pieces. You pay for that in speed, however. Against Maul, this man is molasses itself (on the board we call him “Slo Koon”).

His long-range for attack is analogous -– if not identical –- to Maul’s orange lightning.

Plo’s combos: SS, XX, SST, SSX, TT, XXT, SSL2, SSXL2

DARTH MAUL

Maul is fun and fast but far from invincible. The Maul you’ll play with has a lightsaber with only one blade; furthermore you can’t do many of the things he did to YOU once he’s yours (e.g. void-hopping, that jumping-twirling attack that gets everybody, etc.)

Additionally, he has an evilly endearing way of seeming to drag his saber behind him as he runs, like some mischievous scamp eager for his next prank. It’ll win your heart.

Maul’s combos: SS, XX, XXT, SSTT, SSXXT. Maul’s XXT combo ends in what has been described as an “invisible force push,” and some people have enthusiastically told me that “it works even if there’s no force left!” The problem is that it also “works” when there’s no force left. At the end of that combo, he does indeed seem to do a force push, but nothing comes out and it NEVER damages opponents no matter how close or far they are from you. Probably another piece of unfinished programming.

Note that you can make maul hiss! The only way I know how to get it to work is by pressing SS fast, then TT slow. Strictly speaking, I would describe this as more of a malevolent exhalation than a hiss proper, but what the heck? It’s still cool as hell. [cajun_master is the first person I know of who discovered this.]

Note that all the Jedi (and Maul) have L2 + S, which releases their special item, if they have it. Also, L2 +T is a short-range force attack; L2 + X a long-range force attack; and L2 + C will be some kind of force-based defense. All of this stuff varies from character to character.

In conclusion all this concern about which is the “single best Jedi” is puerile; all of them have various strengths and weaknesses, all of them do well in some situations but not in others. Mace’s saber throw, for example, can cut those eerie plasma droids to dogmeat; Adi, on the other hand, can have serious trouble with them. I can personally assure you it’s possible to max out every level and complete the game with every single one of these characters in Jedi mode (incidentally, nothing interesting happens when you do).

It goes without saying, of course, that these are just my opinions. I am in no way connected officially with LucasArts or LucasFilm, and so have no genuine “inside” knowledge of the game. For example, the fact that Amidala can’t seem to jump as high as the others might just be my imagination.

APPENDIX B; FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Who is the best Jedi?

A: This depends on what you mean by “best.” All around, Mace. Best for a beginner, Obi-Wan. Easiest to beat Maul with? Qui-Gon. Which makes the game easiest? Amidala. (See APPENDIX A above for a defense of these statements.)

Q: How do I beat Maul with so-and-so?

A: You’re gonna hafta read the last part of section ten above, FINAL BATTLE. I spell it out for every currently known character.

Q: What are the three Gungan artifacts? Where are they?

A: There are three Gungan artifacts:

1. On Naboo, in the impossible-looking first crevice just before the worm.

2. On Tatooine, after the leap of faith during the canyon jumps.

3. On Ruins, in the bushes near the tree right after the hidden trap.

For a more detailed description of these locations, consult the walkthrough for the corresponding chapter.

They don't look like a seven. That's the points icon. They have a dull gray look, when you can get a look at them.

They're each worth fifty points; but if you collect all three, you unlock level 13, "Gungan Roundup." Note: you do not need to collect all three with the same character, just on the same game.

Q: What’s the “C” button?

A: Circle.

Q: What’s different on twoplayer?

A: There are more powerups, and they’re in different places. The “points of no return” are in different places, too. Also, though you can’t hurt your buddy with your saber, you can with a grenade (but oddly, only when there’s a monster nearby). The most salient advantage of twoplayer is that frequently only ONE of you has to live through the perilous jumping sequences; you’d both have to die simultaneously before you guys would be taken back to the last checkpoint.

Q: Where are the Gameshark codes?

A: The most reliable site I’ve found is http://cmgsccc.com/psx/swe1jp.shtml

Q: The “infinite Jedi jumping” code doesn’t work. What gives?

A: “Here's the codes:

d409d0940020

8009d0940004

“I also had trouble getting them to work. I put in both lines as one code and the second line as a separate code turned them both on and it worked. The only problem is that it locks the run button and I have to push attack to stop running. This is okay and not to hard to get used to but it screws up the cut scenes in two places. The first is in the opening when you run out into the Federation ship and the second is in the Theed Palace level when you first meet the queen. [also with Maul on Tatooine – DW] For me at least, the character just keeps trying to walk through the wall. I can't be bothered to try and solve the problem and I can get through every other level with this code-- it's cool as hell. Essentially you can fly.” [taken from Master Qui-Gon]

I recently read this: “…in Wart’s guide it has the code with 2 lines and the second line is the only one you need to get it to work.” [Jedi Kenobi]

Q: What’s the hardest level?

A: By general consensus, Coruscant, due to its sheer length. But the jumping section on Tatooine is generally considered the hardest single SECTION of the game (but many people think the Theed Palace jumping deserves this distinction), and beating Maul with Plo the hardest single FEAT.

Q: What points are needed to get everything you can from each level?

A: This varies from level to level; there are three benchmarks for each level:

Level one: 8,000 16,000 24,000 (Extra life bonus)

Level two: 7,000 14,000 21,000 (Force X bonus)

Level three: 10,500 21,000 31,500 (Attack bonus)

Level four: 14,000 26,000 39,000 (Defense bonus)

Level five: 12,000 23,000 34,000 (Force circle bonus)

Level six: 17,000 34,000 51,000 (Attack bonus)

Level seven: 20,000 25,000 30,000 (Defense bonus)

Level eight: 2,550 5,100 7,650 (Energy bonus)

Level nine: 5,000 9,000 14,000 (Combo bonus)

Level ten: 4,000 8,000 12,000 (Attack bonus)

On two-player, the benchmarks are precisely half this. To max out each level, EACH character needs to score:

Level one: 12,000

Level two: 10,500

Level three: 15,750

Level four: 19,500

Level five: 17,000

Level six: 25,750

Level seven: 15,000

Level eight: 3,825

Level nine: 7,000

Level ten: 6,000

Note that on two-players, all the secret characters and every secret level can be unlocked, EXCEPT LEVEL 14: SURVIVAL CHALLENGE. This means no ultimate saber on two-player. If you guys are having trouble on twoplayer, go through the problem level twice: with the first character “chaperoning” the other until that one has the needed points. Then, go through the level again, switching roles. [thanks to Jedi YerSiN, Djih’Ef, and Rschlott for supplying this info]

Also note that on twoplayer, the white lights you see lit up (or not lit up, as the case may be) during the level selection phase are the values for the player who first selected his character.

Q: I played the game through with so-and-so, but I wasn’t able to unlock hidden character X (e.g. How do I play as Maul?). The character I want is not on the selection screen. What gives?

A: The first thing you need to do is highlight Obi-Wan (for Amidala), Qui-Gon (for Maul), or Plo Koon (for Panaka) and press “select.” That may solve your problem. For the unlockable levels, they’ll be listed normally along with the rest of the levels.

Q: What’s the difference between “Easy” mode and “Jedi” mode?

A: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER in any respect or department, and I challenge you to prove otherwise. I said PROVE.

Q: I received a new combo but I can’t figure out what the last button is. It looks like a seven, or maybe a backwards F.

A: That’s L2.

Q: Any suggestions for how to land combos?

A: I played this game for a long time before realizing that you can choose combos that you’ve earned—did you know you can? In any case, a combo is best entered when there’s a break in the fighting (either you’ve just taken a hit, or your opponent is temporarily reeling from a blow). Enter the combo not quickly, deliberately, or you’ll wind up with a single stroke when you wanted three. Some characters (like Obi-Wan) are good at “linking” their combos together; others aren’t. Be aware, though, that ANY blow you receive will “reset” your character, and you’ll have to start the combo you wanted all over again. And don’t bother with a combo unless you’re locked on.

Q: Where are the gold and silver powerups located on this or that level?

A: Level 1:

Silver: On the second ledge off the treadmill, just before the monster with the swinging arms.

Gold: On the second weird little platform from the left in the part after where you come up from the elevator.

Level 2:

Silver: A little ways after the Mushroom Tree, “you’ll reach a mini-crossroads. The path to the north leads up an embankment guarded by a droid while the path to the south you have to jump on a series of platforms. The southern route has a 1,000-point credit on one of the platforms.” [shadeShifter]

Gold: In the second crevice right before the worm (closest to the worm). “Weasel” writes, “After my first time completing the game with one character I read through your walkthrough to see what I missed. The gold credit in level 2 confused me totally because you said it was in the second crevice before the worm. The trouble I had was there is (working back from the worm) one crevice, two holes, etc. until you get to that crevice. I took the holes as being crevices and couldn't find the gold credit. I did so later only by randomly jumping into crevices for fun. Maybe I'm the only one who isn't clear on this but you may wish to clarify its position a bit. Besides that, if you were playing the game for the first time (granted you shouldn't be reading the strategy guide) you won't know where the worm is until you get to it and by then its a little too late to go back” So there you go.

Level 3:

Silver: Hidden in that stairways near the trees behind the very first maiden.

Gold: In the bushes right of the very last maiden just before the flame droids.

Level 4:

Silver: Toward 6:00 in the sarcophagus room, but on the upper level.

Gold: Behind the throne near where the queen stands next to those huge windows.

Level 5:

Silver: On a semi-secret ledge 5:00 from the Sarlacc pit.

Gold: Outside the Jawa’s hut during the Evil Jumping Sequence.

Level 6:

Silver: On a separate ledge about 7:00 from where you start going up those stairs, just before the sloped roofs sequence.

Gold: In the semi-secret section near where you get blown over to the boss’s ship for the second time.

Level 7:

Silver: Behind one of the computers in the computer valley.

Gold: On a ledge a couple hops back from where the second checkpoint is found.

Level 8:

Silver: I don’t know—I think there isn’t one.

Gold: High in the air to the right just after the first black drawbridge. I’ve never figured out how to get it, though. The folks at the hint line don’t know either, but that isn’t saying a whole lot.

Level 9:

Silver: Hidden in the bushes to the left of where you start the level.

Gold: On a hidden tiled courtyard you get to by going left when it looks like you should go right. This semi-secret tiled courtyard is actually some distance directly above what seems like the last tiled courtyard. You’ll know you’ve found it because there’s also a challenge icon and an extra life there (with two droids).

Level 10:

Silver: To the left, mostly hidden behind a wall, just as you come off the elevator.

Gold: At the entrance to the color maze, proceed right for as far as you’re able. It’s there at the end of the windmills’ shafts.

Q: I don’t have the patience to read through all your blather, Wart. What are the damn cheat codes already?

A: Sorry; most people who’ve been following this believe they won’t be released until October 4, 2000.

Q: I’ve unlocked so-and-so, but their skill is staying at 0!

A: The three currently known unlockable characters (Amidala, Panaka, and Maul) come with all their combos and special abilities the minute you get them. You WILL have to beat the boss on every level to earn a skill of 10, but there’s no way you can increase their skill, ever. There is an advantage to this: since you can’t improve these characters, points are meaningless when you’re playing with them. You don’t need to delay, backtrack, or risk your neck to get extra points. You can simply breeze through the mazes, killing only those whom you’ve a mind to.

Q: What do the special defensive powers (L2 + C) of the Jedi do?

A: These powers, acquired for maxing out Tatooine, are as follows:

1. For Obi-Wan, Maul, and Plo:

A defensive bubble is created around you. It damages enemies that touch it. It deflects lasers back at the shooter. With this bubble on, cannon fire cannot hurt you. Attacks on the bubble DO NOT recharge your health. Tanks cannot be destroyed with it. Using the bubble uses up your blue bar quickly. The only difference between these three characters' bubbles is the animation and color of the bubbles.

2. For Mace:

A defensive bubble is created around you. It also kills enemies that touch you, but it DOESN’T deflect lasers back at the shooter. Oddly, taking cannon fire with the bubble on will not help to repair your health meter. Tanks CAN be destroyed with it (with difficulty; better to use L2 + X). If you're taking damage, it will recharge your health bar, particularly if you're getting HEAVILY attacked (such as by Maul or the droidekas). It uses up your blue bar comparatively slowly. [thanks to Trexneus and Rschlott for setting me straight here]

3. For Qui-Gon:

L2 + C repairs some of his health meter. This process will be interrupted if you get blasted in the middle of it.

4. For Adi:

She goes temporarily "invisible;" enemies cannot see her during this time, but they WILL fight back if you attack them. She is NOT impervious to attack when this invisibility thing is on. Some monsters are not fooled by this at all, though.

Adi does have a protective bubble which damages monsters she touches with it. She can run around with it on. It does not repair her health meter, and cannon fire cannot hurt her when it's on. It also deflects lasers back at the shooter. She can even destroy tanks with it, if she hops on them when it's on. It is not considered her "defensive force power," though, just her "special weapon," L2 + S.

5. For Amidala and Panaka:

L2 + C does nothing whatsoever, at any time.

For all of these powers, you must press (AND HOLD!) L2 + C, and you have to have attained the third bonus on Tatooine for it to work.

NOTE: If you have "ultimate saber" on, contact with this bubble should kill any monster (save boss-monsters and droidekas) in one hit.

Q: What do the defense bonuses of the Jedi do?

A: They make you tougher. All other things being equal, it now takes more hits to deplete your green bar.

Q: Sometimes when I just stand there blocking everybody, I can’t do anything else. Other times, with BLOCK on, I can swing the saber and do combos, then I immediately return to blocking. What determines this? Why can I hold L1 and still swing at some times but not at others?

A: When you hit the block button (L1) WHILE running, you’ll stop running and start blocking. Unfortunately, you’ll be frozen there and unable to swing your saber unless you release the block button. But, if you’re stationary when you hit the block button, you’ll be free to strike back without having to release L1. [it was this site’s compositor, Jedi Kanigget, who figured this one out]

Q: Sometimes the “points thermometer” after the completion of each level rises gradually, other times it shoots to the top. What gives? (thanks to ShadeShifter for delineating this mystery)

A: The bar quickly rises to the top if you’ve already maxed out this level, or if your character has nothing more to gain from it.

Q: My controller’s not vibrating!

A: Nobody’s is, except rarely (and then only lightly). Complain to LucasArts.

Q: Is this game worth buying?

A: A man sits down and writes a 82-page strategy guide to this game, a guide to which his real name will never be attached and for which moreover he will never receive a penny. All this so he can help anonymous others get through the game and enjoy it. That man is me. So whaddya think I’m gonna say to that question?

APPENDIX C: GAME SECRETS (AND DISAPPOINTMENTS)

1. If you play the game through as Qui-Gon, you get to play as Darth Maul. Simply press “select” on Qui-Gon’s image (during the character selection screen), and his face will be replaced with that of Maul.

2. If you beat the game with Obi-Wan, you get to play as Queen Amidala or Captain Panaka. To get them, use a similar process to the one described in #1 above, this time with Obi and Plo.

3. If you play through with Mace, that’ll unlock level 14, “Survival Challenge.” If you survive that level, you get the “ultimate lightsaber.”

4. If you max out a level twice with the same character, nothing happens.

5. If you pick up three Gungan artifacts, you unlock level 13, “Gungan Roundup.”

6. If you beat level 13, you will unlock a “concept art” section that’ll be available from the “options” menu (available from where you load or continue game). Shockingly, you’re gonna hafta to beat this idiotic level every time you want to see the art; your “success” isn’t saved. (On the plus side, this art is much more interesting that I anticipated.)

7. If you win with Plo, you’ll unlock level 11, “Droidekas.” Possibly the coolest of the unlockable levels, although on the whole not as great as it could have been.

8. If you win with Adi Gallia, you’ll unlock level 12, “Kaadu Race.”

9. Winning either “Droidekas” or “Kaadu Race” will result in only one prize: a giant steamin’ bowl of jack.

10. Winning the game with Maul, Amidala, or Panaka does nothing whatsoever.

11. Getting all your characters to level 10, skill 100 does nothing, even if you also get the three “unlocked” characters up to level 10.

12. If you beat level 14 with all 8 characters, nothing happens. [thank you, the13thJedi]

13. The game booklet says, “if you maximize your point value, the Jedi Council will reward you for your efforts.” This just means that getting a high score on every level will lead to upgrades in your Jedi powers. (They don’t give you a gilded certificate of appreciation.) You can only get these upgrades once, and you don’t get anything else, ever, from any level, once you’ve maxed it out (this may take several tries).

[thanks to “mtw4” for help on this section]

APPENDIX D: THINGS THE AUTHOR DOESN’T UNDERSTAND

Please e-mail me if you know the answer to any of these enigmas, but only if you DEFINITELY know.

1. Once you’re in the middle of the game, is there any way to check to see if you’re on “Jedi” or “Easy” mode? What if I forgot which one I selected? It seems like there isn’t. (“Shinigami” tells me that if you’re on a level with security droids [e.g. Theed Palace] and they move and shoot at the same time, that means you’re on “Jedi.” But I don’t buy that.)

2. What are the differences between “easy” mode and “Jedi” mode? I get complaints that people on “easy” can’t unlock so-and-so, or such-and-such a level. And people tell me many things: “This or that can’t be unlocked on easy mode, no matter what you do.” “There’s more checkpoints in easy mode.” “The droids don’t block as much.” “You get fewer lives.” “Your blocking meter doesn’t deplete as quickly.” Personally, I find it difficult to see ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER between the modes, least of all in the minute-by-minute difficulty of play. And apparently EVERYTHING is unlockable on easy, even though the game’s booklet says that “many of the game’s secrets are only revealed on Jedi mode.” So what are they talking about? Somebody please help me out.

3. Some really weird things have been happening to my friend and me on two player. Is it possible to unlock the hidden characters and levels on 2 players? I’ve seen some reports claiming it wasn’t, and have experiences this personally. (We got Mace to 10/100 on easy but level 14 refused to open up.) Is there anything else 2 players won’t do? Sometimes, one guy’ll die and it’ll take aeons for him to be resurrected, even if there’s a safe place available and other credits racked up. Sometimes credits “disappear,” i.e., when you die with 1 left, it goes to 0, and that’s that. People have told me that this means you were resurrected “in a weird location,” and therefore you’re either killed immediately or some of your life is taken away. But this seems to happen too quickly for that to be the explanation. And usually the game resurrects a character “full,” but other times he’ll come back with his bars EMPTY! Does anybody understand any of this?

Ness5421@aol.com has written back not with an outright explanation of this, but rather of pattern: he says if your partner is resurrected after an elevator or a cutscene (such as one Level One when the droidekas roll in to attack), you will mysteriously be resurrected with a depleted health bar. “This inevitably leads to you losing another credit.” This seems to be true, but I still don’t understand why.

APPENDIX E: IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE MANUAL

Most of your controls can be viewed by pressing START , then X when the game is paused.

Most of the manual is obvious; you can figure it out simply by playing with the buttons. There are a couple of things that you may not be able to guess:

1. You can deflect laser fire back at the shooter by pressing L1 just before it hits you. Warning: your ability to block without taking damage will stop when your “blocking meter” (above your health bar) goes red. You can also block punches and many other things. You don’t have to be facing the shooter, and you don’t block any better if you are.

2. You can defeat any level by defeating the boss monster. The more points you’ve scored, though, the more “Jedi abilities” you’ll earn.

3. A credit is a life.

4. You can “lock-on” to your opponents by pressing R1. Your movement while you’re locked on is severely restricted, but the advantage is that your blows will land on your enemy, provided he’s within range. Locking can be done running, too, or just after you’ve swung. Press R1 again to unlock.

5. Some of the icons will reduce your health and force bars in exchange for points if you take them.

6. Jump again at the height of your jump to get the maximum possible altitude.

7. You can come up with various sword-stroke combos by pressing variations of X, T, and S. These damage your opponents more. For more info, read the descriptions of each character.

8. Your Jedi comes with a special force attack (L2 + T), and the ability to discharge a special weapon (L2 + S). The second you have to collect; using the first will deplete your blue line.

The controls are different in certain situations:

DESTROYER DROID CONTROLS

T=wide range blaster fire

S=hand to hand combat

X=short blaster burst

L1=block

STAP CONTROLS

Up=pushes the STAP down

Down=pulls the STAP up

T=fires gun

S=brake

X=speed boost

AAT CONTROLS

T=fire turret gun

S=fire side guns

C=fire skirt energy shell launcher

L1=rotate turret left

R1=rotate turret right

L2=exit tank

R2=accelerate tank speed

R1+L1=lock turret motion (this doesn’t work for me, though)

NOTE: In twoplayer mode, the first player to enter the tank controls the movement and side guns; the second controls the turret, its gun, and the shell launcher.

KAADU CONTROLS

Square alternated with circle gets you to run.

GUNGAN CONTROLS

T=downward kick

S=poke

C=jump

L1=block

R1=lock on

R2=run

[Thanks to Jedi Calypso for typing all this out]

APPENDIX F: CONVERSATIONS WITH THE HINT LINE

CONVERSATION ONE

Her answers are obviously paraphrased.

1. Q: “The booklet says that although you can complete the game on Easy, many of the game’s secrets are only revealed on Jedi mode. But I can personally assure you that you can get absolutely everything on easy (all characters, the saber, all levels), and there seems to be no difference in the nature, location, or number of the icons or the level of playing difficulty. So what are the differences, if any, between Easy and Jedi?”

A: “The programmers messed up. Originally it was supposed to be easier on easy but they changed that at the last minute.”

Q: “So there is no difference whatsoever between Easy and Jedi?”

A: “No.”

2. Q: “I can’t seem to unlock stuff on two-player. What gives?”

A: “No, you can’t unlock any of the unlockable stuff on two-player; there’s no way. You have to play through the game as one player alone to do that.”

3. Q: “On Naboo and also on the Streets of Theed, there are points icons at certain locations hanging high in the sky that I can only get with my Gameshark. When I play without it, I can’t get them no matter what I do. How are you supposed to get them?”

A: “You can’t get them. Those are leftovers from when the programmers were testing the game. They had cheat codes which enabled them to get them, and they were just put there for practice and never taken out.”

Q: “About those cheat codes….”

A: “They were later erased.”

4. Q: Once you’re in the middle of the game, is there any way (short of completing the game) to check to see if you’re on “Jedi” or “Easy” mode? What if I forgot? It seems like there isn’t.

A: “No; there isn’t.”

5. Q: Although I obviously know how to “get through” the color maze at the end, what is the underlying logic to the pattern you walk? This escapes me. Is it random? Suppose I lost the pattern, how would I figure out how to get through it in a hurry?

A: “There’s no logic other than in what order you have to walk the rooms. There is no I’m aware of that determines that.”

6. Q: Sometimes when I just stand there blocking everybody, I can’t do anything else. Other times, with BLOCK on, I can swing the saber and do combos, then I immediately return to blocking. What determines this? Why can I hold L1 and still swing at some times but not at others?

A: “Hmmmmm. That’s really weird.”

7. Q: What does the defense bonus do? Does it give you better blocking power? That doesn’t seem to be the case. And I’m not talking about each Jedi’s special L2 + C ability, awarded for maxing out Tatooine. I’m talking about the “defense bonus” you’re given for maxing out levels 4 and 7. At first I thought it increased the strength of your L2 + C, but that doesn’t make sense: you get one on level 4, then the L2 + C ability on level 5. Others have suggested it increases your blocking ability, or increases your “hurt” threshold, so it takes more hits to kill you. But none of this seems to be the case. So my question: exactly what can your character do after levels 4 and 7 that he couldn’t do before?

A: [she had to consult with the testers and call me back -– at her expense! –- before she could clear this one up.] “That bonus makes you tougher. It doesn’t have anything to do with your blocking threshold. It means that if you have a full green bar, now it takes more hits to kill your guy.”

9. Q: Sometimes the “points thermometer” after the completion of each level rises gradually, other times it shoots to the top. What gives?

A: “If you’ve already maxed out the levels, it’ll skip the bonuses and shoot to the top. It doesn’t mean anything by this, though.”

Q: “Well, once you’ve maxed a level out pointwise, there’s absolutely nothing more you can get from it, right?”

A: “Right.”

10. Q: “Obviously, since there are less monsters to go around, the points benchmarks for two player are much lower. But what are they exactly?”

A: “Sorry, I only have the list for one player.”

11. Q: “There have been many rumors floating around that Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, or a double-bladed Maul might be highly secret unlockable characters in the game. Are they?”

A: “No.”

Q: “Hold on a second, honey, everybody’s just going to hear that and say they simply didn’t tell you for marketing reasons.”

A: “We’ve had a lot of calls about that, so I asked the programmers about it specifically. They said there are no other characters than the three you can unlock that everybody knows about. There WAS something like that before; they hid a secret Naboo fighter in a certain game and didn’t tell anybody until the movie was released, but that was for copyright reasons. They’d have no reason to do that with this game.”

Q: “Everybody’s just going to say they’re lying to you…”

A: “There’s a remote possibility that they are lying to me, but I doubt it. I asked the testers and they said there’s DEFINITELY no unlockable characters other than the obvious ones; and they’d have no reason to lie to me whatsoever.”

Q: “But what if the testers themselves don’t know?”

A: “They’ve played the game 8 hours a day for 3 months. They know everything there is to know about it.”

Q: “Maybe not. Possibly those could be secret characters unlocked by a punch-code only. LucasArts may have arranged this so that in 6 months when such codes are released, there is renewed interest in the game.”

A: “The programmers have told me there were cheat codes put into the game during the testing phase, but they were removed when the final version was cut. They are inoperable on the version you have. SO NO SUCH CODES WILL EVER BE RELEASED. There are no codes at all to this game, released or not.”

CONVERSATION TWO

This is more or less verbatim.

Q: How do I get past the Gungan Roundup?

A: The what?

Q: Level thirteen. The Gungan Roundup.

A: Hmmmm. There’s no major things to that. What kinds of problems are you having?

Q: Just getting Jar-Jar in my goal. Many times I play through with all 8 credits and I can’t score a single goal. What’s the trick?

A: That just a bonus level. There are no major tricks to know. I can’t give you any advice about that.

Q: Uh, okay... Do you have the points benchmarks for two player?

A: No, just for one player.

Q: But I need the ones for two player.

A: They should be doubled for two player.

Q: You mean halved?

A: Oh, halved, sorry.

Q: So on two players each character needs exactly half of what he needs on one player?

A: That’s what I’ve been told, yeah.

Q: Sometimes when I am in the computer valley of the Ruins level, the camera won’t scroll right. Right about where the rifle droids are. How do you get out of that?

A: Hmmmm. Is this on two player?

Q: I think it’s happened to me on two-player, but mostly on one player.

A: Because on two player, if one of the characters is far away, the camera won’t scroll.

Q: No, I know that. But this is DEFINITELY happening on one player.

A: That’s never happened to me…

Q: Is there any way of killing the droids in the New Orleans section of level three?

A: Yeah, just deflect their lasers.

Q: But they shoot cannons. You can’t deflect ---

A: Oh, oh, I’m sorry. No, I thought you were talking about… No, there’s no way to kill them. You can’t kill them.

Q: How do you get Amidala past the boss monster of level one?

A; If you get her back more on the walkway, there’s more of an angle. She’ll aim up more.

Q: You’re saying that she’ll aim up merely because she’s further back towards 6:00 on that walkway?

A: Yeah.

Q: Same for Panaka?

A: Yeah, same thing with him.

Q; What’s your advice for Plo Koon Vs. Maul?

A: What's going on?

Q: It’s hard. Specifically, his combos are all too slow. Maul is just quicker. My friends have noticed it too. I’d like to know what your comment is on this famous problem.

A: I’ve never heard of a problem with that at all.

Q: Well, it was very difficult for me.

A: I just use thermal detonators on him, and whatever force powers I’ve acquired.

Q: Oh. [Note: Plo has no thermal detonator; I don’t know why I failed to mention this.]

Q: What is the next Star Wars-based release for the Playstation gonna be?

A: Hold on, let me check my calendar. “Demolition.”

Q: “Demolition”? You just blow stuff up?

A: You can read all about it on our website.

Q: I’ve gotten all my 8 characters – the 5 basic ones plus the three unlocked ones – to 10/100. Is there anything left for me to discover in the game?

A: No, that’s pretty much it. Just the extra rounds, Survival Challenge, Droidekas and all that.

Q: But there are rumors going around how Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and a doubled-bladed Darth Maul are highly secret unlockable characters in the game. Is this true?

A: Not to my knowledge.

Q: But, no offense intended, perhaps you wouldn’t know.

A: No; there are no other hidden levels or characters than what you have.

Q: Well, if Ki-Adi-Mundi is not in the game, why is his voice in the credits?

A: I don’t know. I didn’t know he was in the credits.

Q: Let me put it to you this way: would you be willing to bet your first-born child that there are no other hidden characters or levels in the game?

A: Uh, you’re getting a little personal with that one.

Q: Sorry, but there’s a lot of speculation going around about this. If you tell me “no,” people are just going to say you’re lying. If you tell me “I don’t know,” people will just say that’s because the higher-ups haven’t told you yet.

A: Look, you can believe whatever you want to believe.

Q: By the way, do you talk to the game testers a lot?

A: What do you mean?

Q: Well, they’re there in the same building with you?

A: They’re across the way, yeah.

Q: Just out of curiosity, how does one get to be a tester? I mean, there’s NOBODY I know who wouldn’t be good at that –- playing a video game all day and then telling someone what they think. Even the most loserly of my friends would excel at that job. So how do you get that job? What are the qualifications?

A: To be honest, many of them are not qualified. [laughs]

Q: But how did they get their jobs? Seriously.

A: I don’t know. You should check our website. Maybe there’s an opening for a tester.

Q: What kind of money do they get?

A: I think it’s a comparable wage.

Q: Do you also have access to the game’s programmers?

A: I’ve talked to a couple of them, yeah.

Q: Do they feel angry about the game? Do they feel it was yanked out of their hands prematurely, before it was ready?

A: What do you mean?

Q: Well, there’s a lot of rumors going around about how Lucas rushed them to finish the game to match the same release date as the video, and that consequently it has many bugs and an unfinished feel to it. Do they have any opinion about that that you know of? Do they consider the game unfinished?

A: Not to my knowledge.

Q: Okay, I think that's it for today. Thank you.

A: Thank you.

APPENDIX G: THE JEDI TRIALS

Bored of the game? See if you’re a real Jedi:

1. Get through the Tatooine jumping sequence without hurting a fly. You can’t take a single swipe at a Tusken Raider, or destroy any droids, even accidentally.

2. Rescue (at least) 52 maidens on level three.

3. Beat Maul with Plo (the obvious crucible).

4. Finish Coruscant in under 10:58.

5. Nail all six droidekas at the very end of level 8.

6. Beat the level one boss with Captain Panaka.

7. Win “Gungan Roundup” with the computer opponent not having scored a single goal.

8. Using Maul Clone’s famous bug on Level Ten, get the first Maul to shadow you all the way to the windmills.

9. Jump down (and live) to a building so low on Coruscant that the stream of little cars is actually running over or through your character.

10. Beat level 3 with over 120,000K (This is easy.)

11. Get through the tank section of Level Three: City of Theed, on foot (including the preliminary courtyard with the maiden in it), WITHOUT DEIGNING TO PICK UP A SINGLE POWERUP! You must kill all the tanks by hand, too. Note: For some characters (like Adi) this is not possible

I didn’t use a cheat code or a Gameshark on any of the above; but,

For those of you with a Gameshark:

12. Beat level 9 with 347 left on the timer.

Because I’m an honest kinda guy, I’ll tell you that there’s one of these things that’s theoretically possible, but I haven’t actually done it. But since I’m also a malicious pervert, I’ve also included another one which I currently believe to be completely impossible and which I’ve never even come close to doing. Can you guess which one?

APPENDIX H: WEIRD PLACES YOU CAN GET TO

1. The silver doors that slide up near the beginning of level 4?

As you run towards them, jump up twice: sometimes your character will "catch on" to these doors and pull himself up, as if onto a ledge, except you'll be floating in mid-air with no visible means of support! You can block and fight your enemies (with L2 + X), all while levitating mysteriously high in the air.

Notes:

A. This invisible ledge is very THIN, so don't walk around once you're up there, or you'll fall right off.

B. This glitch is EXTREMELY difficult to duplicate; but I have done it three times (those of you who know me know I do not post bogus claims) so I can assure you it's possible. Your timing has to be just right, though.

I've also discovered that if you're not in the mood to wait for the doors to slide up, you can just double-jump right over them into the hallway.

2. At the end of level one, right after the very last checkpoint, walk toward the camera on the bridge and you'll see far below you 40 droids lined up symmetrically and ready for action. Ever want to get down there and fight them all? (Invisible walls prevent you from throwing a grenade their way.)

You'll need a GS with Infinite Health, Infinite Lives, and Infinite Bombs to get there. Here’s how:

Get the last checkpoint.

Walk back toward that tunnel. Jump seemingly to your death against the northern wall of that tunnel (without entering it). Do not jump toward the southern wall. Double jump just as you start to fall.

You'll land on a ledge and "oomph." (If you don't have infinite health, this jump will kill you). Amazingly, the camera follows you down!

Work your way towards the camera on that ledge, as far as you can go till the point where you're stopped by that invisible wall. At this point you can’t see your character.

Then, double jump right and you'll land on a wooden platform, the mirror image of the one you can see in the distance.

At this point, you're very close to those 40 droids, but they're still not visible.

Double jump (to the right) to the other half of that wooden platform, trying to keep 6:00ish.

Now, you should be able to see the droids. Notice something? They don't exist. They won't turn to attack you, and they're only 2-dimensional. Like pictures, floating in the air.

If you jump down to where they are (only 15 feet away, I'd guess), you'll be jumping into a void. There's no way to stand where they're standing, apparently.

And you can throw as many bombs and use as many long-range techniques as you want; since the droids are insubstantial, they're invulnerable to attack.

This, I think, is the deepest down you can go in this vast room. Everything else, despite appearances, is not really a floor.

(Thanks to ClashGXZ4@aol.com for helping to find this one.)

3. This might be the most bizarre bug in the game, and it’s really difficult to pull it off. But I assure you it can be done, and that if you do it, you’ll be rolling on the floor laughing.

On the windmill section of level 10, kill all the droids and hit all the computers as normal. Do this section straight.

Then make your way through the color maze and the first battle with Maul. After you fight Maul off into the second room, you'll be allowed to retrace your steps through the colored maze.

Go all the way back to the windmills.

This time, jump UP the windmill system (I believe a Gameshark is required for this); for some reason, the first (lowest) windmill will still be spinning around (even though you saw it stop just moments ago), although the "air" will be turned off.

Try to jump directly on the blades, so that they go through you, in an (bored) attempt to get yourself chopped in half.

Your character won't be chopped in half, though, instead, he'll "land" on one of the blades as it spins around the central column. That’s right. If you’ve jumped down into the blade at the right moment), the blade will “seize” your character, and swing you around to the middle of the shaft, where you’ll be deposited, alive and unhurt, but stuck.

Sometimes, however, if you’ve landed the blade just right, you’ll land on the blade and stay there. By this I mean the entire screen will spin around crazily as it tries to center the view on your character. Oddly, there is no “g-force” to throw you off the blade, as you would expect. Instead, you’ll just calmly stand there on the blade while everything goes nuts around you. It looks nutty.

For some reason, I can only get this bug to work with Plo, so there’s no guarantee that it’ll work for the other characters, but I don’t see why not.

APPENDIX I: GAMESHARK CODES

These come from “Jedi Calypso,” who got them from “some guy’s site.” Neither he nor I have tested them.

Unlock All Levels 800AD29C 000F

Infinite Credits 800B2404 0000

Infinite Health P1 800B240C 0064

Infinite Force P1 800B2414 0064

Infinite Bombs P1 800B241A 0005

Infinite Special P1 800B228C 000A

800B241A 000A

Max Score P1 800B2408 05F5

800B240A E0FF

Infinite Health P2 800B2428 0064

Infinite Force P2 800B2430 0064

Infinite Bombs P2 800B2436 0005

Infinite Special P2 800B2116 000A

800B2436 000A

Have All Handmaidens 800B22B4 000A

Obi-Wan Kenobi Codes

Have Max Skills Trade Federation Battleship 3008C9AF 0004

Have Trade Federation Battleship Completed 300B25F9 0001

Have Max Skills Swamps of Naboo 3008C9B0 0004

Have Swamps of Naboo Completed 300B25FA 0001

Have Max Skills City of Theed 3008C9B1 0004

Have City of Theed Completed 300B25FB 0001

Have Max Skills Theed Palace 3008C9B2 0004

Have Theed Palace Completed 300B25FC 0001

Have Max Skills Tatooine 3008C9B3 0004

Have Tatooine Completed 300B25FD 0001

Have Max Skills Coruscant 3008C9B4 0004

Have Coruscant Completed 300B25FE 0001

Have Max Skills Ruins 3008C9B5 0004

Have Ruins Completed 300B25FF 0001

Have Max Skills Streets of Theed 3008C9B6 0004

Have Streets of Theed Completed 300B2600 0001

Have Max Skills Palace Cliffs 3008C9B7 0004

Have Palace Cliffs Completed 300B2601 0001

Have Max Skills Final Battle 3008C9B8 0004

Have Final Battle Completed 300B2602 0001

Have All Levels Completed (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 50000A01 0000

300B25F9 0001

Have All Skills (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 50000A01 0000

3008C9AF 0004

All Levels Unlocked & Skill Maxed Out (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 300B25F9 0001

50000402 0000

800B25FA 0101

300B2602 0001

3008C9AF 0004

50000402 0000

8008C9B0 0404

3008C9B8 0004

Qui-Gon Jinn Codes

Have Max Skills Trade Federation Battleship 3008C9C1 0004

Have Trade Federation Battleship Completed 300B2619 0001

Have Max Skills Swamps of Naboo 3008C9C2 0004

Have Swamps of Naboo Completed 300B261A 0001

Have Max Skills City of Theed 3008C9C3 0004

Have City of Theed Completed 300B261B 0001

Have Max Skills Theed Palace 3008C9C4 0004

Have Theed Palace Completed 300B261C 0001

Have Max Skills Tatooine 3008C9C5 0004

Have Tatooine Completed 300B261D 0001

Have Max Skills Coruscant 3008C9C6 0004

Have Coruscant Completed 300B261E 0001

Have Max Skills Ruins 3008C9C7 0004

Have Ruins Completed 300B261F 0001

Have Max Skills Streets of Theed 3008C9C8 0004

Have Streets of Theed Completed 300B2620 0001

Have Max Skills Palace Cliffs 3008C9C9 0004

Have Palace Cliffs Completed 300B2621 0001

Have Max Skills Final Battle 3008C9CA 0004

Have Final Battle Completed 300B2622 0001

300B2619 0001

3008C9C1 0004

All Levels Unlocked & Skill Maxed Out (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 300B2619 0001

50000402 0000

800B261A 0101

300B2622 0001

3008C9C1 0004

50000402 0000

8008C9C2 0404

3008C9CA 0004

Mace Windu Codes

Have Max Skills Trade Federation Battleship 3008C9D3 0004

Have Trade Federation Battleship Completed 300B2637 0001

Have Max Skills Swamps of Naboo 3008C9D4 0004

Have Swamps of Naboo Completed 300B2638 0001

Have Max Skills City of Theed 3008C9D5 0004

Have City of Theed Completed 300B2639 0001

Have Max Skills Theed Palace 3008C9D6 0004

Have Theed Palace Completed 300B263A 0001

Have Max Skills Tatooine 3008C9D7 0004

Have Tatooine Completed 300B263B 0001

Have Max Skills Coruscant 3008C9D8 0004

Have Coruscant Completed 300B263C 0001

Have Max Skills Ruins 3008C9D9 0004

Have Ruins Completed 300B263D 0001

Have Max Skills Streets of Theed 3008C9DA 0004

Have Streets of Theed Completed 300B263E 0001

Have Max Skills Palace Cliffs 3008C9DB 0004

Have Palace Cliffs Completed 300B263F 0001

Have Max Skills Final Battle 3008C9DC 0004

Have Final Battle Completed 300B2640 0001

300B2637 0001

3008C9D3 0004

All Levels Unlocked & Skill Maxed Out (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 300B2637 0001

50000402 0000

800B2638 0101

300B2640 0001

3008C9D3 0004

50000402 0000

8008C9D4 0404

3008C9DB 0004

Plo Koon Codes

Have Max Skills Trade Federation Battleship 3008C9F7 0004

Have Trade Federation Battleship Completed 300B2675 0001

Have Max Skills Swamps of Naboo 3008C9F8 0004

Have Swamps of Naboo Completed 300B2676 0001

Have Max Skills City of Theed 3008C9F9 0004

Have City of Theed Completed 300B2677 0001

Have Max Skills Theed Palace 3008C9FA 0004

Have Theed Palace Completed 300B2678 0001

Have Max Skills Tatooine 3008C9FB 0004

Have Tatooine Completed 300B2679 0001

Have Max Skills Coruscant 3008C9FC 0004

Have Coruscant Completed 300B267A 0001

Have Max Skills Ruins 3008C9FD 0004

Have Ruins Completed 300B267B 0001

Have Max Skills Streets of Theed 3008C9FE 0004

Have Streets of Theed Completed 300B267C 0001

Have Max Skills Palace Cliffs 3008C9FF 0004

Have Palace Cliffs Completed 300B267D 0001

Have Max Skills Final Battle 3008CA00 0004

Have Final Battle Completed 300B267E 0001

300B2675 0001

3008C9F7 0004

All Levels Unlocked & Skill Maxed Out (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 300B2675 0001

50000402 0000

800B2676 0101

300B267E 0001

3008C9F7 0004

50000402 0000

8008C9F8 0404

3008CA00 0004

Adi Gallia Codes

Have Max Skills Trade Federation Battleship 3008C9E5 0004

Have Trade Federation Battleship Completed 300B2656 0001

Have Max Skills Swamps of Naboo 3008C9E6 0004

Have Swamps of Naboo Completed 300B2657 0001

Have Max Skills City of Theed 3008C9E7 0004

Have City of Theed Completed 300B2658 0001

Have Max Skills Theed Palace 3008C9E8 0004

Have Theed Palace Completed 300B2659 0001

Have Max Skills Tatooine 3008C9E9 0004

Have Tatooine Completed 300B265A 0001

Have Max Skills Coruscant 3008C9EA 0004

Have Coruscant Completed 300B265B 0001

Have Max Skills Ruins 3008C9EB 0004

Have Ruins Completed 300B265C 0001

Have Max Skills Streets of Theed 3008C9EC 0004

Have Streets of Theed Completed 300B265D 0001

Have Max Skills Palace Cliffs 3008C9ED 0004

Have Palace Cliffs Completed 300B265E 0001

Have Max Skills Final Battle 3008C9EE 0004

Have Final Battle Completed 300B265F 0001

Have All Levels Completed (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 50000502 0000

800B2656 0101

3008C9E5 0004

All Levels Unlocked & Skill Maxed Out (GS 2.2 or Higher Needed) 3008C9E5 0004

50000402 0000

8008C9E6 0404

3008C9EE 0004

50000502 0000

800B2656 0101

APPENDIX J: REGARDING OTHER CODES AND HOW TO CONTACT ME

The sixth revision of this guide was drafted at the beginning of July 2000. We were discontent with the glaring omissions and obediently uncritical tone of the Prima guide (although it plainly beats the pants off me when it comes to maps and graphics), as well as having to answer the same questions about “How do I do this?” over and over again on the forum.

As the time of this writing, there are many versions of a rumor going around about how Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and a double-bladed Maul might be “secret” unlockable characters in the game. I find it hard to credit these rumors; many people on the forum (including, now, me) have gotten all their characters (even the “unlocked” ones) to 10/100 in Jedi and Easy mode and have reported nothing unusual. So it’s difficult to guess for what achievements Yoda and Ki-Adi would possibly be rewards. On the other hand, they might well be “code-only” characters, who knows?

Currently cheat codes still have not been released. (There are some floating around but they’re fraudulent.) Lucas usually gives them out typically six months after each game’s release, to augment the replay value. That would mean on or about 6 October 2000.

I purchased a Gameshark especially to test codes for this game, and on the whole it works well (although there are many useless codes floating around). The most significant code is “infinite Jedi jumping,” though all sorts of glitches happen when you’re using it. However, I don’t believe LucasArts will ever release this one as a simple punch-code; it makes the game’s programming look too shoddy.

Please note that on 5 May 2000, a “PAL” version was released in Europe. From much of the email I’m receiving, that version does NOT contain many of the bugs that plague the American PSX version.

Also, LucasArts will release a Sega DreamCast version (due in stores August 2, 2000, according to my local Electronics Boutique) of the same game. Doubtless, many of the bugs which plagued the PSX version will be fixed there (thereby invalidating huge chunks of this guide), and further there will apparently be these additions:

1. “Slicker visuals and better sound.” (Duh.)

2. Ki-Adi Mundi will be a unlockable character.

3. There’ll be a way to play with a double-bladed Maul.

4. Easier character control.

5. A “versus” mode. Not only can the Jedis fight each other, but apparently you’ll be able to fight any enemy in the game against any other enemy.

6. The difficulty of some of the jumps will undergo “minor changes.”

7. More checkpoints.

8. “A ton of cheat codes that let you muck with many aspects of the game.”

9. A series of training missions that lets characters hone their jumping and blocking skills.

10. The game has been made “more difficult” in the twoplayer mode.

11. The camera’s gonna be “smarter” about framing “relevant elements.”

(This information was taken from http://dreamcast.ign.com/news/22051.html)

Questions or comments? Or complaints? Irritating typos? Something I don’t know? Something you found? I accept suggestions from all comers, even pedantic ones. E-mail the author, Darth Wart, at gnossie@msn.com Due to the volume of mail I’ve been receiving, please consult FAQ first to make sure your question isn’t answered there. If it isn’t, the doctor is in.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Archived