Home

Internet Play for DC

Guest Dave Maul

Guest Dave Maul

Does anybody know if you can play over the internet with JPB on Dreamcast? That would be a nice addition. Also, does it cost anything for the internet on Dreamcast; I've heard it's free unlimited access.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest the13thJedi

Originally posted by Dave Maul:

Does anybody know if you can play over the internet with JPB on Dreamcast? That would be a nice addition. Also, does it cost anything for the internet on Dreamcast; I've heard it's free unlimited access.

Pardon me for saying this Dave... but the idea of internet access would be kinda useless with the Dreamcast. Now if the game were Racer, or Rogue Squadron, (i.e.- games that involve competition of some sort) I could see internet play, however, At its core all Jedi Power Battles is, is a bare-bones, not that great side-scrolling hack and slash. Games like Jedi Power Battles just don't belong on the internet for multi-player purposes.

On the note of "free" internet access. I can do nothing but doubt this... Besides, Sega is doing a promotion right now that gives its customers a 50$ rebate on thier dreamcasts for signing up to Sega online at the time of purchase. And as far as I know the service costs about 20$ a month for basic internet access...

------------------

dueloffates.gif

Guest Kurgan

How is it "useless"?

Sure not every game supports it, but I know at least some have support (or are getting support) for online play (for the Dreamcast).

We do not know if JPB for the DC will have online play.

Some games only have bonus feaures, like in Racer, you can post your high scores on an online board.

Hey, if you don't have 'net access already, and you have a DC, I think it makes perfect sense.

Kurgan

Guest Dave Maul

It advertised in a magazine article about free 'net access with the DC, so I guess it was just that place.

Seriously, I don't think an Internet game would be bad. Imagine if you had all 5 Jedi playing at once. That would be cool.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest Pure Guiness

Its free Access, but you'll still have to pay for the duration of time that you're on (your phone bill), which is kind of crap considering how addictive online gaming can be...

It would be nice to have Death Match play online e.g. Jedi vs Jedi...

or you could have a group of people controlling the Federation army, and a group controlling the Jedis, and you battle eachother for control over an area.

(You obviously take turns at being Jedi, those who were Jedi in previous round must be Trade army in next round)

my 2 cents biggrin.gif

------------------

Watchin the game, having a bud

All good things come to those who..............

Guest Acid_Rain327

Dreamcast isn't even on the internet yet.

All they have running so far is an ethernet, owned by Sega, in which you can send e-mail esque messages, post on forums, and read information on games/equipment.

Guest the13thJedi

Hey Kurgan.... what I mean is right now, online gaming for Dreamcast sucks, and that JPB online would be useless for said purposes. (I say this because it just isn't the right type of game.) As far as Racer goes... What I meant with that is, it would have been a fantastic idea w/ Racer to put in online races where up to say 20 or more players could race each other at a time. Same goes to RS, A co-op mode w/ up to 5-10 pilots at a time would have been a great idea. So what I originally meant was not online functions w/ the games as of now... But the ideas that would have made those games serious with the online-gaming community... BTW, I think that when Sega does go fully online w/ DC it might have a chance to become a serious competitor for online play... But until that time, Gamers are just too unwilling to get shafted for a 2nd time in a row.... Sorry if some don't agree with me, but this is how I feel....

------------------

dueloffates.gif

Archived