Home

Gameshark and the horror of millions of combinations, who knows if one unlocks Mundi?

Guest Darth Vega

Guest Darth Vega

If my math is correct, there are ACTUALLY 184.88 quadrillion combinations for a gameshark. Much harder to pick out a missing character in this game than in a game like Pokémon with only 24.14 trillion combinations smile.gif

------------------

fini.gif

Apprentice to Bane --

Master to Iniquitai, Veli, Adeth,

and Sidious I --

Darth Vega

Guest Jedi Dire

now, even if there is 184.88 quadrillion combinations to the game shark codes, imagine how the Game Shark Code Creators Club (GSCCC) (excuse me if i'm wrong about the name) finds a whole bunch of CORRECT codes. for most of the games too.

i don't think they go one by one smile.gif

Guest Darth Vega

Actually, they do go one by one, all starting with 00000000 0000 and ending at FFFFFFFF FFFF, if I'm not mistaken in my hexidecimals.

Oh, and one PS for everyone, there are actually only 871.78 billion combinations. I forgot to divide 16 factoial by 4 factorial. How humorous. I forgot my permutations!

------------------

fini.gif

Apprentice to Bane --

Master to Iniquitai, Veli, Adeth,

and Sidious I --

Darth Vega

Guest DarthNemesis

The last four digits in a gameshark code are the value modifier - the first ones are for the address. So the GSCCC doesn't need to search all of those.

Also, they use a program and a cable link to the PSX to search for codes. They set the program to watch all addresses with a certain value in them, then do something in the game to change that value, and check which addresses have changed accordingly.

This all makes it tremendously less difficult to find a code than it would be searching every value!

------------------

dnemesis.gif

<DARTH NEMESIS>

[This message has been edited by DarthNemesis (edited July 30, 2000).]

Archived