Home

maddening Coruscant mystery

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Beating my brains trying to figure out if this leads to anything:

On Coruscant, right after you see the boss animation for the first time (when he first says, "We've been waiting for you"), and you have to jump from your ship to his, know where I am?

During that split-second while you're still on your ship (right after the animation finishes), you can run toward the camera.

You might be surprised to find there's an invisible wall there. You can't run off your ship that way even if you wanted to. Obviously, you're supposed to be running and jumping AWAY from the camera, to his ship.

But actually, this isn't your classic invisible wall. It's more of an invisible fence -- because iit's possible to jump right over it, and if you do so at the right time, you'll land on the roof of a building I've never seen before, and which cannot be seen at all during the normal course of play!

And there's apparently no exit from this building, and no way to get back to the ship above you. A leap of faith in ANY direction will result in your death.

But a leap of faith toward 8:00 will reveal something very interesting: a hitherto unknown green guy next to a challenge icon. You will see this briefly as you fall to your death. There seems to be a walkway...

I know of no way of getting to that guy.

I know that once the boss's ship runs its little course, where you're supposed to jump down to the right, if you jump over to the left (especially from the front of the ship), you can make out a green guy on an opposing rooftop...

I've tried many times to get there, and even killed him a few times (using various long-range techniques), but the question remains: does this lead anywhere? Is there any way of getting over to that rooftop, or going anywhere from the mysterious one below it? It seems like you can make the jump, but every time I do, my character seems to run into an invisible wall mid-air, then plummet to his death.

What the hey? Perhaps this is a vestige from an earlier part of the maze that was retracted during the final draft without being 100% cleaned out?

Anybody?

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Darth Trunks

wanna kno what i think? Its ki adi mundi, i'm tellin u wart, it has to be. We kno he is the game, lucas doesn't make mistakes, and if he does, its rare, that has to be were mundi is. Have you ever try destroying the invisible wall?

------------------

DarthTrunks13.jpg

Darth Trunks, Dark Lord of The Sith Order

"I Sniff Glue, we will never have a downfall!"

Guest liquidkid

maybe it's just another part of the level that you can see from a new point of view. could that be it? this is most interesting!

------------------

armor.jpg

LiQUiDKiD

-UNcouncil Master of Insults, Supreme Chancelor's Hitman, All Around Bully.

P.L.U.R. <> J9K-4-LIFE <> JEDI-4-LIFE <> MCL

Guest Jedi Kanigget

I just tried this a few minutes ago. Waited until after the animation, ran towards the camera, jumped, waited for the apex, jumped again...and fell to my death. I tried this six times, each time I died. I ran into no invisible wall, just dead air. So what am I doing wrong?

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

Guest Darth Wart

hmmmmm.

the one thing I was doing probably different from you is playing on two player (that's how I was able to look at it so many times). The other player just stayed unmoving on the ship, while I jumped around and explored and stuff.

It's weird, but maybe two player has something to do with it.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Guest Darth Wart

Kanigget and everybody:

I'm an idiot.

You jump toward the camera as you're still on YOUR ship, right BEFORE the animation loads. You need to be on your ship for about two seconds.

And it works on one player; I'm doing it right now.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Guest Darth Wart

you have a gameshark, kanigget.

I'd set it to "infinite lives" before you start doing this; you're going to die a whole bunch of times before you find the building I'm talking about.

incidentally, the animation loads WHILE you're down there on the building. then the camera returns to you.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Guest Darth Wart

well i figured out the mystery; it doesn't lead to anything. it's something I wasn't realizing before...

will type more tonight but have to go to work now

in the meantime don't anybody waste their time.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Guest Darth Wart

I'm an IDIOT. IDIOT, IDIOT, IDIOT!!!!!

You know when you're jumping from building to building by means of those ventilator shafts right before the checkpoint and the guy who says, "We've been waiting for you"?

The third to the last building has a ultimate powerup on it; sometimes it's hard to land on that building without being immediately blown to the next one. You know the one?

The building after that has a single green guy with a challenge icon. THIS is the rooftop you later can see from the boss's ship, when you look to the right. The one you won't be able to jump to because of an invisible wall.

I'm such a dolt for not realizing this: obviously if you darted past him the first time, you'll see him there again unkilled when you come around the other side. (I like to dash through this level so sometimes I don't kill him). That building isn't a hidden remnant at all.

And I was wrong about something else, too: that building I said you "can't see during the normal course of play"? You can, look below you as the boss's ship runs its little course -- it's the low bluish building beneath you.

You can also see it when you're being blown from rooftop to rooftop right before the checkpoint. Just look below where the boss's ship is going to pull in.

All I really "discovered' is that if you get the timing right, it's possible to drop onto that building (but from there you can't go anywhere).

In short, no mystery, no forbidden section.

Sorry I'm such a blockhead, but at least I fessed up.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Archived