Home

Some FX ideas for mods

His Divine Shad

I have been away a long time so I am not sure what new mods are up and about and such, I however have one nitpick about effects that I think would be much more true to the movies.

When blasters hit walls or people they don't really act like they should, we should see large puff of smoke or steam billowing out and a large but brief intense flash from the impact.

I imagine it like if you hit a stormie square in the chest then a large white blidning flash occurs for a very very very short instand and large clouds or puff of smoke would fly from the impact area and he stormie would fall down, a black spot on his armor with smoke rising from it like a chimney.

Also hitting walls should leave head-sized craters smoking for a while.

It's too bad thereis no effective way of making craters in either wlls or pepole though, but a black charred impact mark with smoke coming out of it should be plausible.

It would really capture the feeling one had from ANH and TESB.

:cool: Well... untill they do:

There is a weapons FX mod.. 'Weapon Alterations' by Joruus C B'oath the 2nd, which I use a tweeked verions of in the Dragon Remix/Blade mods. It has all the weapons leave scorch marks on the walls:

happy.jpg

happy2.jpg

Adding smoke FX should not be any problem.

As for sorching the models themselves... that, I belive, is beyond the ability of JKII.

Archived