Home

Voice messages in JKII

OT2K

Hello !

Well, i have a little problem. I have Made a CTF.cfg for the Clan I am playing in, and I wanted to bind the written Messages with Spoken words also. In Medal of honour, RTCW and SOF2 there are several Voicecommands available for Multiplayer games (Cover me, i Need backup, Let´s go...). Unfortunately it seems like, that Lucasarts has forgotten to implement this little, but very (kind of) IMPORTANT extra in JKII. I mean, if you listen through the miscellaneus soundfiles for each Model, you can recognize LOTS of these MP-Voice - commands. But ho is it possible to use them in a Game?

Does anybody have an example script how to use the existing mp-useable voices, or a description how to use some of my own?

That would be VERY great!

(P.S.: Excuse me for my bad English, i am German :D )

Thanx and greetings,

Hmmm...

I am working on it... But the Problem I have is, that i dont know, how to get Voices working over a comm-script WITHOUT a Model. So that the Voices could be heared by Team members or enemys(as in Other MP-Games...)

In other quake-engine-based games therefore is used the command-line "Vsay /Vsay_Team" , This commands are still available in the JK2-Engine, but i don´t know how to make them work, or what commando i have to use to play a Voice message IN-GAME...

I thought this would´t be very difficult, because nearly all other console-commands in JKII are equal to other Q3-Engine based programs.

Well, does perhaps anybody know How to setup a custom.pk3 with sounds, that can be chosen and played IN-Game?

What would I have to do? How has this file to look like? What kind of content (except the soundfiles) do i have to put in this .pk3-file...

Perhaps would anybody of the Forum readers also like to have this kind of add-in. So I would be happy, if anyone likes to help and support me in building this modification. I am SURE, that if this thing will work, there are lots of JKII-players who also think that this is a very important extra for team-basded multiplayer-matches.

I will try on and on, to create this f***ing plug-in, and if it works one day, i will go and sell it to Lucasarts *kidding* :D

Anyway, THX for your answer!

Greetz,

GREAT HINT :rolleyes: !

We are using Battlecom already, Thanx for this clue !

But unfortunately , not all of us are able to use BC , because of their Slow connection. Some are still playing with MODEM :/

And in other online shooters it´s usual to have this voicecomm-scripts, and I think that is fine for the players who can´t or don´t want to use those Voice-Communication-Progs like Teamspeak, Battlecom or so.

If every one who plays online would be able to use this progs, you could bet, that i wouldn´t be that stupid to try setting up an in-game voicecomm-plugin...

Archived