Home

Hi and help with maxing out levels please...

Guest Jedi_Jim

Guest Jedi_Jim

Hi, I'm new to this JPB community smile.gif

just started playing JPB...

can someone please list how many points I need to max out each level please smile.gif

------------------

Impressive....most impressive.

Hi Jedi Jim (I think that's your username anyway)!

Ahhhhh, some fresh, positive interest in JPB!

So, how far are you into the game?

I don't know the point levels off the top of my head, but then again, I'm relatively new to JPB myself (I'm on Coruscant w/ my first character).

------------------

"I prefer a straight fight to all this jumpin' around."

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:

Mark-enobi's Site

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Take a look at the JPB guide that Wart wrote, the link is in my signature. It will tell you the amount needed to max out.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

New! The Council of Jedi is now operational!

http://pub19.ezboard.com/bthecouncilofjedi

JediKanigget.com, Star Wars news and media. http://jedikanigget.homestead.com/JediKanigget.html

Darth Wart's strategy guide in an easy to use form. http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi_Jim

Well since i posted that message, i'm now on Corusant myself smile.gif

my my what a lllloooooonnnnnggggg level...

its a shame you can't save at that half mark thing, when it goes to the second half, since we spent all that time timing those jumps... frown.gif

they should have had Corusant as 2 seperate levels smile.gif

i have only maxed out L1 which is not difficult, i have trouble deciding when is a good point to back track, but with this guide i should do well...

i'm gonna clock it without the guide first, otherwise it'll ruin the fun smile.gif

thnx guys !!! smile.gif

------------------

Guest Jedi_Jim

Can I ask you guys to list the points for maxing out anyway, because the only way to get them from the guide is to read the whole thing frown.gif

please ?

thnx.

------------------

Guest Dave Maul

I guess I should mention that in two-player mode, you need half of those points. So on the first level when you need 24K to max out the level, on 2-player you need 12K. Makes sense, as there are less points to go 'round.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest Jedi Kanigget

You don't have to read the whole thing, it's separated just for that reason. Here it is anyway, from the FAQ page:

Q: What points are needed to get everything you can from each level?

A: This varies from level to level; there are three benchmarks for each level:

Level one: 8,000 16,000 24,000 (Extra life bonus)

Level two: 7,000 14,000 21,000 (Force X bonus)

Level three: 10,500 21,000 31,500 (Attack bonus)

Level four: 14,000 26,000 39,000 (Defense bonus)

Level five: 12,000 23,000 34,000 (Force circle bonus)

Level six: 17,000 34,000 51,000 (Attack bonus)

Level seven: 20,000 25,000 30,000 (Defense bonus)

Level eight: 2,550 5,100 7,650 (Energy bonus)

Level nine: 5,000 9,000 14,000 (Combo bonus)

Level ten: 4,000 8,000 12,000 (Attack bonus)

On two-player, the benchmarks are precisely half this. To max out each level, EACH character needs to score:

Level one: 12,000

Level two: 10,500

Level three: 15,750

Level four: 19,500

Level five: 17,000

Level six: 25,750

Level seven: 15,000

Level eight: 3,825

Level nine: 7,000

Level ten: 6,000

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

New! The Council of Jedi is now operational!

http://pub19.ezboard.com/bthecouncilofjedi

JediKanigget.com, Star Wars news and media. http://jedikanigget.homestead.com/JediKanigget.html

Darth Wart's strategy guide in an easy to use form. http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi_Jim

Corusants a bit difficult, especially after the elevator bit where you have to jump on that taxi, but then another one comes spinning into you frown.gif

All 5 of my characters are on corusant smile.gif

with all previous levels maxed out without doubling back biggrin.gif

------------------

Jedi Jim,

The way I'm going at this game is to focus on beating the first 10 levels with one character at a time. Then, I'll do the secret levels with the normal characters. After that, I'll probably beat it w/ the secret characters. After that... I don't know what.

BTW, try to kill the goons on the other taxi with a long range Force attack. Then jump over, and as soon as you see that collision in the background, get back to your yellow one quick!

------------------

"I prefer a straight fight to all this jumpin' around."

Feel free to visit my Fan Site:

Mark-enobi's Site

[This message has been edited by Markenobi (edited August 10, 2000).]

Guest Weasel

I have a question, Jedi Jim brought up the idea of not doubling back. I was wondering if this was possible on level 6 Coruscant. I tried once to beat it without doubling back. I even took all the defi's (thats "challenges" I believe for all the english out there). But I still failed to get the full amount (ended up with somewhere around 49,000). All other levels are possible without doubling back. Just wondering if anyone has successfully maxed out level 6 without doubling?

------------------

jedi.gif

Guest Darth Wart

That's an interesting idea; I've never been able to do it.

Nor have I ever been able to figure out if the game designers MEANT for you to double back, or (as I suspect) they simply meant for you to pick EVERYTHING up and kill every single enemy with a wonderful combination. Presumably this would give you enough points to max out the level.

Also, since the Ultimate Lightsaber actually DECREASES (but not drastically, in my opinion) the points you get, you should turn it off if you're trying to do this.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Darth Jevec

Actually a level that u should get a lot of points on is...3... there r 9 handmaidens total.... i think, but if u die at certain parts u could rescue those handmaidens once again

Guest Weasel

Originally posted by Darth Wart:

That's an interesting idea; I've never been able to do it.

Nor have I ever been able to figure out if the game designers MEANT for you to double back, or (as I suspect) they simply meant for you to pick EVERYTHING up and kill every single enemy with a wonderful combination. Presumably this would give you enough points to max out the level.

Also, since the Ultimate Lightsaber actually DECREASES (but not drastically, in my opinion) the points you get, you should turn it off if you're trying to do this.

Sorry, been away for awhile. When using the ultimate lightsaber most levels are still quite possible. I did try level 6 with the ultimate on but ended up at about 46,500 without doubling back. Which turns out to be a very large difference as there are not enough points to start with. I often wondered if I was missing something / some secret area but I don't think so. Interesting though.

------------------

jedi.gif

Archived