Home

Whoa! Hollywood Video rips me off!!!

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Just returned from my local Hollywood Video.

At the counter, there was a stand of pamphlets, "Unofficial Cheat Codes, Summer 2000." Inside were cheat codes (or, at least, game secrets) for some relatively new video games, "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, "Syphon Filter 2," "Perfect Dark," and others.

There was also a section for "Jedi Power Battles" (e.g., "Final Battle Level: Use the following steps to pass the multi-colored force field room. There are twelve sections in the force field room......")

These cheat codes, if you remember, are the ones that were up at the Jediknight.net main page and which have appeared on other pages all over the place about the time the game was released in the States. Aristotle, an admin of this site, says they came from "Gamecheats.com"

The problem I'm having is that, well, I'm the one who gave those cheats to Gamecheats.com! You heard me. Those of you who have been here long enough know that that sheet of "Game Secrets" was given to gamefaqs.com and gamecheats.com toward the end of April!

The nerve! I wonder if the guys at Hollywood Video at least tested what I wrote first or just dumped it wholesale into their pamphlet. Because I remember there were a few phony codes floating around which I did NOT author.

The odd thing is, I didn't write the first few "codes" (they're legit, though) that appear there. I wonder where they took those from.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest the13thJedi

Kinda sounds like my situation.

Back when Racer(N64) came out, I was the first person to find the debug code in the game. (I found it 2 days after it came out)

The only magazine that gave me any credit for finding it was EGM.

Now I see it all over the place with other peoples name pasted all over claiming the credit.

I know the feeling Wart, because it's really, really frustrating.

the13thJedi

------------------

select_one.jpg

Archived