Home

Lightsaber Techniques

Guest Darth Dred

Guest Darth Dred

Who thinks the lightsaber techniques shown in Jedi Power Battles are better than the techniques used by the actors in Episode One?

Guest Acid_Rain327

No way.

The styles seen in the film are far superior, and are more practical.

Take the first level for instance: If you're surrounded by battle droids, the only way to defeat them all without suffering damage is by using Force - in the films, the Jedi style was enough, without the Force, to destroy the squads of troops.

Next, the moves in JPB leave you wide open for retaliation from your enemies - in the films, the Jedi styles had no room for retaliation; it was all sequential and fluid.

Plus, the moves in the film were just cooler. biggrin.gif

Guest Thermal

The JPB moves are cool but the Movie moves are better I think. Of course that's because the movie ones were coreographed for about 3-4 months. I don't really find either of them are realistic swordfighting but they definitely look great.

I thought it was cool how the fight was orchestrated to show that Jedi use the force as their instinct. The only way that a sword fight could happen the way it did in the final Jedi Battle of TPM was if they used the force to "see" into the future. They would have to "know" exactly where their opponent was going to strike in order to pull off some of those craziy moves. It could never happen quite like that in real life, which is why it's so awesome to watch!

Archived