Home

Vibration Function feature......

Guest Feilnyn

Guest Feilnyn

When Jedi Power Battles was first released, I (being a devoted Star Wars fan and PSX gamer) rushed to the store and purchased a copy. My excitement quickly wore off when, after playing the game for only a few minutes, I realized that the VIBRATION FUNCTION FEATURE failed to operated during gameplay. I made sure the vibration option was turned on, and the Dual Shock buzzed in my hands to indicate the feature had been activated. But again, as soon as I returned to the level, the controller remained dormant. I called LucasArts support line and was advised to get a refund and buy another copy of the game. I returned the game, but have yet to purchase another. My question is:

when does the Dual Shock vibrate during gameplay? I own The Phantom Menace, and I love the rattling of every saber-strike. Does

the controller vibrate with every hit? Block?

I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me when I say that being able to feel as well as see all the damage you inflict on your foes really draws you into the game. Without it, the game can leave you cold.

Guest Thermal

The vibration feature apparently does not work at all. I have never felt a buzz from it except like you said when I activate that option.

Guest 84Elan

I too was very disapointed when I discovered that the vibration is not like TPM I E-mailed LA and they told me that yes the vibration does work only when you really get pounded like when you get hit with a rocket from the rocket launching droids that is the only time I have felt it and it does not happen every time.

Final word the vibration looks like it got left out due to time constraints on the game. It is a real bummer I did not know how much I liked the vibrating from TPM till I bought a new controller w/o the dual shock and played the game. It was like what happened? then I realized the controller was not vibrating when I nailed things with the saber it did take you out of the game a bit.

FINAL DEAL LA SCREWED US AGAIN WITH A POOR PERFORMING GAME the few good things in TPM game they left out the best one in JPB.

Archived