Home

Movie review: STAR WARS Sacrifices

Dagobahn Eagle

In the time to come, I'll review several of the movies posted in the FanFilms section of the http://www.theforce.net webpage and post them on this board. Hopefully, I'll be helpful to some people trying to decide which movies to download and which to stay away from.

Movies will be rated based on plot, audio, acting skills, and visual effects. I will average these ratings and add/take away points if I feel the final rating gives a wrong impression of the movie.

poster_sacrifices_tk950.jpg

Sacrifices

Category: Animation

Director/Creator: Henry Gibbens

Lenght: 2 minutes

Description:

Sacrifices is a short animated video that tells the powerful story of a Rebel Pilot returning to Hoth to pay respects to his slain co-pilot. Among fallen AT-AT's, crashed Star Destroyers, and remains of the Rebel Base, the starfighter pilot makes his way to a memorial for those killed in battle there.

If I was given the choice of all the movies on FanFilms and could download and watch only one, I'd get Sacrifices. While several of the movies posted on TheForce are emotional, this movie really succeeds in doing something with you, especially with the United States and Europe likely to take casualties when they take the war on terrorism to Saddam's forces in Iraq.

The plot is simple: A rogue squadron pilot, whose co-pilot died when their T-47 snowspeeder was shot down during the rebel evacuation of Hoth, visits his comrade's grave. The movie presents the remains of Echo base and the memorial site and also lets us see the anonymous pilot's flashbacks of the battle as he mourns his fallen comrade.

The character graphics, however, are a bit "blocky", but this is the only bad thing about the movie; the scenography, music, and camera movement all present the ghost-like memorial site in a powerful way, and the musical soundtrack that plays trough the clip fits perfectly to the atmosphere. When you look away from the lego-ish characters, Sacrifices is an excellent movie and should be your first download from TheForce.net if you have yet to be enveloped into the world of fan-made Star Wars movies.

Plot: 6 of of 6

Visual: 5- out of 6

Audio: 6 out of 6

Final rating:

Highly recommended

Archived