Home

Please Contact Lucasarts Tech Support

Guest Jerec350

Guest Jerec350

I just contacted Lucasarts Tech Support and let them know about all the glitches in Jedi Power Battles for the Dreamcast. Obviously they didn't test this game before it went gold. I can overlook the disappearing walls and the occassional sound glitch but the problems with Ki-Adi-Mundi are unforgiving. He is extremely slow, he has no decent combos, and the kicker is that when Ultimate Saber is on he takes damage while blocking. Turn Ultimate Saber off and it blocks just fine. Last year when Ready 2 Rumble came out for Dreamcast there was a glitch in every copy that involved the music skipping. They heard the complaints and re-released a new version with a green label reading "HOT NEW GAME". There was also problems with Mortal Kombat Gold and they fixed them and re-released it with the "HOT NEW GAME" label as well. Everyone needs to voice their complaints with this game and hope that Lucasarts listens. In my honest opinion I think this game is a great concept and can be perfect with the release of a new version. If anyone has any better ideas on how to get this accomplished please post it here.

Guest Acid_Rain327

If LEC listened to it's consumers, they would have done something about the PSX version of Jedi Power Battles, instead of screwing us over with a DC version.

Guest jedihorn1

Hate to tell ya pal, but the PSX owners have done the exact same thing. I wouldn't hold my breath for a re-release. It may be different for Dreamcast, but if they do it for Dreamcast, they will have to do it for PSX otherwise they are gonna have even more people ticked at them than they do already. That means loosing a large % of clientel.

------------------

Templegif.gif

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

Guest Darth Wart

I called LEC today and asked about that. I was told that the testers observed this glitch will many of the other Jedi, and duly reported it. And it WAS fixed. But they didn't notice it with Ki-Adi so it wasn't reported. And the glitch found its way into the final version. So at this point, according to "Tabitha," "that's just going to be a glitch in the game."

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jerec350

Maybe they will release it on the Playstation 2? Actually FIX the glitches and add some better min-games and I would be willing to buy this again. I know I'd be carzy to buy this game again after 2 failures but I love this game.

Guest Acid_Rain327

See, this is what I'm talking about.

They ripped your ass off twice with the same game, and you're willing to go out and buy it again....I just don't get it.

Guest jedihorn1

they like the game. I also heard they may be releasing Obi-Wan on PS2 late next year or possibly early 2002.

------------------

Templegif.gif

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

Guest jedihorn1

They like the game, thats why. I like it too. I would buy a PS2 version of it, but I would rent it first. They may be releasing Obi-Wan on PS2 as well.

------------------

Templegif.gif

Guest Obi-Juan Kenobi

I dont want them to releas another version. Because I would be playing it, and I would fell bad about ther first one I bought!!! I am VERY sentimental about my games!!! I guess a PS2 version would be ok. But as for them fixing it and releasing it again...NO WAY!!!! They should take in EVERY copy, and fix it for FREE!!!!!!!! They screwed up, so why should we have to pay for it AGAIN!!!

------------------

John(juan)pronounced(wan)

All to gether its Obi-Juan Kenobi. Check out My webpage! It isnt Just getting paid to surf anymore!! http://www9.50megs.com/sony1

Guest Dave Maul

Okay, look. I did NOT buy the DC version; I don't even have the console. I am, however, getting a PS2, and seeing as I like this game, I would like to see us PS2 owners allowed to play in VS mode and with the new secret characters, whether they are good or not.

What they should do is present a proof of purchase of the PSX version when you buy the PS2 version, and you can get something like half price. However, it's very unlikely they will do this. It's just a suggestion.

I hope, if they do a PS2 version, they will finally fix all the bugs and make it an even more enjoyable game. So we won't feel "ripped off again".

------------------

Banner.jpg

Archived