Home

Plo Koon vs. Maul: ain't happening

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Holy cow! I've been doing this for the last two days (on DC), and I can't even get past the SECOND room!

Although I believe I'm as good as it's humanly possible to get at Plo vs. Maul on the PSX, all that stuff doesn't count for nothing here.

I've called the "hint line" twice; those guys are as confused as anybody.

The first guy said "throw a thermal detonator at him, then when he's stunned, charge in with your combos." The problem is that Plo DOESN'T HAVE a thermal detonator. When I told him so, he just wouldn't believe me and insisted I was mistaken. Another problem is that while Plo's lightning is still good for one shot, it doesn't "STUN" him for long. I don't know how many of you remember, but the exact same thing happened last time I called.

The second operator said, "block until he gives you an opening, then launch in with your most advanced combo." The problem with this is HOW DOES ONE DEFINE AN OPENING? Whenever he's not whaling on you? Sometimes you can get a hit in, sometimes you can't, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether he's hunched up, attacked, or simply strutting towards you. Plus this doesn't work in general.

And nothing else seems to work. He blocks your saber spin every time, as well as your orange body glow. The lightning works, but only for one shot, and it is depleted rapidly.

The semi-magic combo from PSX doesn't seem work work any better than any other combo, and I've been through ALL of them, thinking that they changed which combo you need.

BLOCKING him at the "right time" doesn't work either, since in the middle of an attack, you CAN'T block, you're stunned, and all you can do is take more hits.

And changing combos (on the theory that he's "wised up" to you) doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Both admitted

Specifically,

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Dave Maul

This sounds like a serious glitch; you can't complete the game! Well, sure with the others, but you can't actually totally complete the game. Wow...what a screwover.

------------------

Banner.jpg

Archived