Home

MONKEY kOMBAT

ladyS

I understand the changes in stance, and I do that, but I am just not getting it...

no move I make seems to out do the monkey, only occasionally do I beat the monkey. When I do win with a stance change, I also do the repeated calls and may win another round. but I am not getting anywhere.....Help Please LadyS

:confused:

You can think of this game as "Rock-Paper-Scissors", except with 5 stances instead of 3. In rock-paper-scissors, you have 3 stances; each defeats one of the others, and is defeated by the last. In the case of Monkey Kombat, you have 5 stances; 2 stances will defeat 2 other, and be defeated by the last 2. The following graphic might also help.

http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monkey4/monkey_kombat.jpg

OK, I'm going to give an example...maybe this will help. REMEMBER: This is an EXAMPLE. Since every game is randomized from the point where JoJo introduces the concept of Monkey Kombat, I don't know what your moves and stances are.

Let's say that you are fighting the "Stinky Monkey".

You both begin in the stance: GIMPY GIBBON

Stinkey Monkey calls: "chee oop ack" and assumes the stance: ANXIOUS APE.

Stop here and write down:

Gimpy Gibbon --) chee oop ack --) Anxious Ape

Anxious Ape --) chee oop ack --) Gimpy Gibbon

(since this call moved Stinky Monkey from Gimpy Gibbon to Anxious Ape, ...it will also work for you, and the nice thing is: it will also move you back from Anxious Ape to Gimpy Gibbon)

So with Stinky Monkey's single call, you have some information that will help you beat him later. Now it is your turn.

You have some options:

1) If you don't yet know what to call, simply repeat the cry "chee oop ack" and you will also move to Anxious Ape.

When you and the other monkey end up in the same stance, there is a "DRAW". This is OK, because neither you or the monkey win, but you wont know which stances Anxious Ape might have won.

2) You can stay in the same stance by calling the same 3 cries "eek eek eek" or "oop oop oop" and so on..

This choice will tell you whether GIMPY GIBBON beats, or is defeated by ANXIOUS APE

3) You can try any call on your own.

If you call out a wrong monkey-insult, you will get a "FOUL" If you get lucky and find a correct call, then you will assume a new stance. If this happens, write that new stance down and the call that made it. Important: No monkey Insult will use the same 2 words (except using the 3 same words that keep you in the same stance, listed above) For instance, You will never say ack ack oop ... or chee eek chee.

For our example: Pretend that you call : "eek chee oop". You get lucky and call out a correct insult and Guybrush assumes the DRUNKEN MONKEY stance.

Stop here and write down:

Gimpy Gibbon --) eek chee oop--) Drunken Monkey

Drunken Monkey--) eek chee oop--) Gimpy Gibbon

The last thing that happens is one or the other of you will lose. You will see a sentence that describes WHO lost by their stance. So for the example you might see:

"Anxious Ape DEFEATS Drunken Monkey"

Write this down: Anxious Ape Wins Drunken Monkey

You lost this round, but you have valuable information for the next fight.

Say, in the next fight: If you are in Gimpy Gibbon stance and the other monkey assumes the Drunken Monkey stance ... then you know to move to the Anxious Ape stance and win him, and you know the call that does it.

If the other monkey moves into a different position like CHARGING CHIMP, be sure to write down which call he made to move into that position.

Gimpy Gibbon --) **whatever he called** --) Charging Chimp

Charging Chimp --) **same call ** -- ) Gimpy Gibbon

And as a final note. You have to beat EACH of the 4 monkeys, before Prince Jo Jo will fight you.

It is important that you know ALL the monkey Kombat calls and stances BEFORE you fight JoJo, because he will only make ONE MISTAKE. If you make one mistake, you will lose and have to fight him all over again.

One last piece of advice: Don't get rid of your notes after you defeat JoJo.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck and Happy Pirating...er Kombatting

Archived