Home

Plo vs. Maul on DC: here's how

Guest Darth Wart

Guest Darth Wart

Once you get the hang of it, it’s actually SIMPLER than the PSX version. Just took me awhile to land on a strategy that worked…

1. First of all, never use your orange body glow thing against Maul. He will block 100% of it, and none of the blows you attempt when it’s on will land.

2. Similarly, never use the FY spinning thing. He ALWAYS blocks it, and it just expends your force bar needlessly.

3. Ultimate saber, similarly, is useless, since beating him from room to room depends on how many times you hit him, not necessarily how much damage you do.

4. Forget the XXA combo from PSX. That doesn’t work here.

5. Never use Plo’s orange orb (FB). Predictably, it doesn’t do anything.

6. Never bother blocking anything Maul does; your meter pegs out so fast it’s not worth it.

7. NEVER LOCK ON TO MAUL. The only possible exception to this is when you suspect your lightning might miss and you want to be sure it doesn’t. But then UNLOCK immediately.

As soon as you see Maul, stand some distance from him. He’ll zap you with his lightning. Fortunately it’s easy to tell when he’s about to do this. Double jump. Then zap him with yours. Let him try again. Continue until yours is all used up (this will be soon). Since your lightning is practically guaranteed to hit, use it up first.

Basically the strategy I used to beat him was to run around in circles, letting Maul chase me all over. Usually when he’s been on your ass for more than two seconds, he’ll stop and do one of several swishy things with his lightsaber. That’s when you turn around and whack him with a double XX. (And keep it a double XX; don’t get fancy.) For some reason, the computer will let you hit him right after he’s done one of those more that at any other time. This is going to be most difficult in the first of the last rooms, there simply isn’t enough room to manuever, especially since you don’t want to grab that powerup right away.

I tried every damn combo in the book and none of them worked. None of them. But it’s not the combo, really, it’s WHEN you hit him with it. You’re going to get blasted a lot using this strategy, but NOTHING ELSE WORKS.

Incidentally, it IS possible to fight Maul down in the pit at the end if you accidentally knock him in. But you have to watch your footing. Just drop in and as soon as your character disappears from sight, jump. You should land and live. But I wouldn’t recommend fighting down here.

Remember, you heard it from the Wart first!

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

• 2 months later...

Archived