Home

Hey all. I'm back, along with a question.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Well, my mom just got a bonus and offered me a present. I'm thinking of a Dreamcast along with JPB and other games. I have JPB on psx already and love it. My question is, is it improved enough on Dreamcast that I won't just be buying the same thing twice?

Guest Acid_Rain327

Hell no; it has a lot of the same problems, along with some NEW ones.

Dude, tell your mom to get you Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and Final Fantasy IX; you'll save a hundred bucks financially, and have yourself a kickass time, instead of one of frustration and anger.

Or if you're hell-bent on getting a DC, then tell her to get you Soul Calibur with it; it's probably the best console fighting game out there right now.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I was thinking more of whats new and whats taken out and stuff, instead of "Yes get it" or "No, it has new problems, don't" Like what are some of these new problems, and the like. I heard it has a vs. mode, is this any good?

Guest Obi-Juan Kenobi

Yeah, versous mode is cool, and training is cool too. They also changed alot about some of the levels, Jedi Mode is now harder than easy mode, in PSX version it was the same. Like for example, you know on the first board at the last part? Well the floor is blue now, and dosnt have any grides, also on the palace level the begining of the jumping part is a bit different. And there are other pretty big changes that I cant think of right now, but over all i would deffinitley say get the game, but If you dont think that from what I said it isnt that much better, than dont get it, be DEFINITLEY GET THE DREAMCAST. Well I hope I could be of some help smile.gif

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Well, on Tuesday I'm gonna rent a dreamcast and the game. From what it sounds, I'm gonna get it, and sell mine on psx. I also like some of the other games on dreamcast, like crazy taxi. although I only played it once, at an arcade.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Theres a deal at shopko to get a dreamcast and sign up for SegaNet, they'll give you a full rebate for the dreamcast and a dreamcast keyboard.

Guest Obi-Juan Kenobi

Yeah, you should do that, and get seganet, that way you only pay 21.95 a month, that is if you dont already have a dreamcast, but if you already have a dreamcast, DONT GET SEGANET, I have worldshare for my dreamcast, and there is NO LAG AT ALL!! so you dont need seganet, unless you dont own a dreamcast (which you dont) smile.gif and I completley agree with you selling your PSX, I woul too, if it meant getting a Dreamcast (and if I had a PSX, before Dreamcast smile.gif

If you do get a Dreamcast, I highly recommend Gauntlet Legends. It is clearly the closest port to the arcade, and it is in many ways actually better (adds a few more levels and characters).

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is another fine looking DC game btw.

Kurgan

Guest Darth_Chaos

I must agree with the majority of the people here, get the Dc version because: 1: Double bladed Maul. 2: Ki Adi Mundi. 3: Vs. Mode. 4: Training. 5: Better Graphics. 6: Better Gameplay. 7: Difference in modes!! 8: The Saber power-ups work with Amidala and Panaka ex: the Amplifer turnes the pistol shots into rockets and the extendor turnes them into seeking shots. This is just an opinion although I'm sure once you get it you'll like it I do agree with ya in renting the game first also don't sell your PSX just sell the JPB for it because there are lots of good games for it still.

Your Friendly neighborhood Sith Lord

Chaos.

Guest Darth_Chaos

I must agree with the majority of the people here, get the Dc version because: 1: Double bladed Maul. 2: Ki Adi Mundi. 3: Vs. Mode. 4: Training. 5: Better Graphics. 6: Better Gameplay. 7: Difference in modes!! 8: The Saber power-ups work with Amidala and Panaka ex: the Amplifer turnes the pistol shots into rockets and the extendor turnes them into seeking shots. This is just an opinion although I'm sure once you get it you'll like it I do agree with ya in renting the game first also don't sell your PSX just sell the JPB for it because there are lots of good games for it still.

Your Friendly neighborhood Sith Lord

Chaos.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I, not to be bragging, have an upper class income... and don't think I'd be screwed over to buy a dreamcast and have it not be a success. But, like your article says, the Genisis was slow coming, but got better, and they are still selling them. I think ps2 is gonna be good too, but they don't even support some things like anti-aliasing, like the dreamcast does. Anyway, thats my two cents.

Guest Obi-Juan Kenobi

yeah, i guess dreamcast will fall, but onlly because we have so many next genoration consoles to deal with, PS2, gamecube, x-box, and I dont think there are anymore right now. But the only reason the PSX did so good was becasue it didnt have to worry about competitiong for at least a few more years, and when N64 came out it still did better, and even when dreamcast came out, people still loved there PSX, but now alot of people are starting to relize that it has alot of cool games, and suppirior graphics against a PSX. So dreamcast is doing better now, but With the PS2 comeing out Oct 26th, and gamecube, and X-bot, dreamcast has alot of competition, and so dreamcast will unfortunitley probably fall. frown.gif Even though i am getting PS2, x-box, and gamecube, i will still always love the dreamcast. Well I am guessing at all of that, but it does make since if you think about it, not nesisarily the truth, but you have to admit it makes since. Well thats my opinion. Oh yeah, and one thing I hate about PS2. The controler!! I cant beleive they used the same design, those anolog sticks are WAY WAY WAY to sensitive, looks like I will be using 3rd party controllers for the PS2, hopefully 3rd party companies can make the anolog sticks more tight. Ok, I think I will stop now smile.gif

Archived