Home

Viewing .bsp files

ObiWanSolo369

Is there any way to view .bsp files with JK2Radiant? I tried to. Here's what I did. I opened up JK2Radiant and clicked Open. I noticed that I could only Open .map files, which meant I could only view .map files. So I changed the file extension(.bsp, I presume) to .map and tried again. It seemed like it worked, but I got a error message:

ParseEntity: { not found

GetLastError() = 0 - 0

An unrecoverable error has occured. Would you like to edit Preferences before exiting QERadiant?

I chose No, which closed the window. I fixed the StarWarsMP file, and then I opened up JK2Radiant again. I went to Load Profile and then clicked on the StarWarsMP file and clicked Load. It was now in MP format. I clicked Open once again, and I noticed that I still could view .map files, but no .bsp files still. I opened the once .bsp file that I renamed to .map and I got the same error message.

Is there any way to fix this? Do I need a patch? Do I need a .map/.bsp converter? Do I need a newer version of JK2Radiant if there is a newer one? :confused:

Tell me what to do and give advice.

Thanks. :saberg::lsduel::wan::edeaths:

nope, youre a n00b that's the problem.

first extract all the pk3's in your base folder, extract them with winzip

in JK2radiant or any other radiants you create YOUR OWN map, this wil be saved as a map file. when you think youre ready to test it you convert it to BSP. you see a buton called BSP just between the selections and grid button, click it then click bsp fullvis, and tada you just made your own BSP file

you can't open BSP's with any prog except RTCW QuakeIII EF JKII and all those other games that use the Quake III engine

other expecting question : Why don't the models show up ?

you inport a model, press the "n" button on your keyboard

now you should see a new thingy, there should be a line like C:\program files\lucasarsch\star wars jkii\gamedata\base\models\map_objects\deathstar.md3

remove everything before models press enter and they should work

another Question: I am a ghost weeeee, can walk trough tie fighters and models and stuff

well you gotto make some noclip brushes, select the noclip texture (can be found in textures\system) and make a brush around the models in the shape of them .

how do I make Brushes ?

I am not going to answer that !!!!

Archived