Home

Xev model not associated with [BS]Xev

Flamegrape

Hello. I've been playing JK2 since May of 2002. Since that time, I've been using the name "Xev" as a player name. Some people recognize it as the character from Lexx, some don't. It's no big deal. It's common for players to use names from popular TV shows and movies.

After much time and work, I've finally completed my Xev player model. (I'm not pimping it here, I'm just explaining.) It should be available from some of the JK2 file archive sites soon. I take much pride in my work and hopefully I'll be seeing others use.

Today, I was on the BS Clan game server. I encountered this guy who was EXTREMELY angry that I was using "his" name, "Xev." I didn't do anything to provoke him other than the fact I was using the same name he was using. He runs up to me and demands duel after duel and I beat him again and again. But that's beside the point. Then he resorts to his server admin powers to change my name to ... So I change my name to Xev of B3K. Obviously, this was not enough of a compromise and he again changes my name to ... I attempted to reason with him, trying to explain that I've been using the same name since I started playing JK2. Furthermore, I've recently completed a Xev model. Therefore, I had every right to use this name.

But this very, very angry man refused to listen to any reason and, you guessed it, I got kicked. Needless to say, I will not return to any BS clan server. I'm not angry about this, but I felt that this needed to be publicly known. And most importantly: I am not associated in any way with "Xev" of the BS Clan. The Xev model that I have created is in no way connected with this individual. He is free to use the model, of course. But his anti-social behaviour does not represent me. Besides, his behaviour completely lacks honor. Very un-jedi-like.

Archived