Home

JPB on DreamCast!!!!!

Guest Darth_Simpson

Guest Darth_Simpson

The new announcements are up, and JPB will come out on Dreamcast. Better go buy one!

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Jedi.jpg

Guest ShadeShifter

Ok...now I'm depressed. I thoughout that they would at least release JPB for the PC.

------------------

newsig.jpg

Guest Darth_Simpson

I was kinda hoping it would be out on the PS2, but no such luck. The PC never even entered my mind. This is a typical console game.

Guest NovaJM

The press release says that there is a New unlockable character for the DreamCast. Could it be the elusive KI Adi Mundi?

Guest NovaJM

Here is the link: http://www.lucasarts.com/static/pr/jpb_pr.htm

THE FORCE IS STRONG IN LUCASARTS’ STAR WARSâ : EPISODE I JEDI POWER BATTLESÔ , FOR SEGA DREAMCAST -- FAST AND FURIOUS ARCADE-STYLE ACTION

THE STAR WARS WAY

<h3><u>Stunning High-Resolution Graphics and a New Secret

Playable Character Featured in Version for Dreamcast</u></h3>

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- May 10, 2000 -- LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC puts the supreme power of the legendary Jedi into Sega Dreamcast players’ hands in the action-arcade title Star Wars: Episode I Jedi Power Battles. Expected to release in fall 2000, Jedi Power Battles presents an escalating series of one and two player clashes between lightsaber and Force-wielding Jedi Knights and a fearsome onslaught of menacing opponents from the Sith and Trade Federation.

Accessible to players of all skill levels, the high energy Jedi Power Battles draws inspiration from the best-loved classic action-arcade games of the past. Players choose from among five Jedi characters, and are immersed into a relentless barrage of clashes with the Sith and Trade Federation’s most powerful droids, mercenaries and assassins, and ultimately, the dreaded Darth Maul. As they progress through the game’s ten action-packed levels, players are challenged to learn a variety of fighting moves to help them face off against each level’s boss. As players hone their skills, the game’s points-based reward system and power-ups will allow them to unlock new moves, strengthen Force powers and enhance health.

"Jedi Power Battles is a fast action, arcade-style game inspired by classic LucasArts titles such as Super Star Warsâ ," says Tom Byron, director of product marketing for LucasArts. "The game immediately thrusts players into the fray where the lightning-quick reflexes and deft lightsaber prowess of a skilled Jedi Knight are the keys to survival and ultimate victory over enemy forces."

Jedi Power Battles allows players to enter into combat as either Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Jedi Council members Mace Windu, Plo Koon or Adi Gallia. Each Jedi is a formidable warrior with a unique set of battle skills that players must carefully consider before heading into the heat of battle. For instance, Mace Windu is the game’s most balanced character. He fights with medium speed and health, and is able to increase the power of his lightsaber by means of the Force. Obi-Wan possesses quickness, agility and strong health, but has somewhat limited Force powers because of his inexperience and youth. Qui-Gon’s years of training as a Jedi Knight have provided him with very strong Force powers, and he excels at healing and defense but has lower health. Plo Koon is gifted with an abundance of strength, though he is the slowest of all five characters. Adi Gallia is the fastest Jedi Knight in the game, and she has the ability to strike more quickly but her combat skills are not as strong.

The health and points reward system in Jedi Power Battles is based upon several factors. As players move through each level points are awarded for successful strikes against opponents and overall completion of objectives. When players surpass certain point milestones they are rewarded with new attack abilities, Force powers, enhanced health, and other bonuses.

Power-ups are a key component of Jedi Power Battles and have a direct effect on the strength and abilities of each Jedi Knight character. As with the game’s points reward system, power-ups renew health, recharge Force powers, and provide a limited super boost to lightsabers. In addition, power-ups allow players to obtain a variety of items for use in combat such as thermite bombs, shields, and restraining bolts.

Each level in Jedi Power Battles presents a specific Star Wars: Episode I-based environment, which will pose as much of a challenge for players as their opponents. As in the action arcade games it is inspired by, levels are based around platforms and obstacles which players must negotiate in their various encounters. Settings range from a foreboding Trade Federation droid control ship, the harsh desert scapes of Tatooine, the dangerous streets of Theed, and the mysterious swamps of Naboo.

Gameplay in Jedi Power Battles is well balanced between single and cooperative modes. The game offers more challenging and aggressive opponents with each new single player level. Cooperative play unleashes more opponents and increasingly complex battle scenarios. To be successful, players must work as a team and use each character’s unique abilities to overcome the power of the Sith and Trade Federation.

About LucasArts

LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC is a leading international developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for a variety of computer and console platforms. Based in San Rafael, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts is one of five companies in the Lucas group which include Lucasfilm Ltd., Lucas Digital Ltd. LLC, Lucas Licensing Ltd., and Lucas Learning Ltd. Lucasfilm is one of the leading film and entertainment companies in the world. Lucasfilm’s businesses include George Lucas’ film and television production and distribution activities as well as the business activities of the THX Group. Lucas Digital, which consists of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and Skywalker Sound, provides visual effects and audio post-production services to the entertainment industry. Lucas Licensing is responsible for the merchandising of all Lucasfilm’s film and television properties. Lucas Learning creates engaging interactive entertainment products that provide learning opportunities through exploration and discovery.

# # #

Guest Plo Koon

I hope you copied and pasted that, NovaJM. wink.gif

That is a-hella-lot of typing.

------------------

plo_koon.jpg

Guest NovaJM

blows the fire out off her fingers

I wish I could type that fast. But no....

Copy and Paste it was! wink.gif

Hehehe

Guest Darth_Talon

this is so gay....the people who own a dreamcast get another secret character...so all the people who bought it for playstation get shafted? that sux so much....does anyone else share my opinion?

------------------

Talon3.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

Guest Sith Lord Rage

I won't buy it, but I will rent it because I have dreamcast. Sorry for the rest of you!

------------------

SITH-FURYRAGE.jpg

Formerly Maul, Sith Lord

"At last we have had our revenge"

Guest Acid_Rain327

That's it...I'm fed up.

We've been - pardon my french - screwed over again!

First, we get a crappy, half-assed, unfinished version of the game, which we unwittingly buy, because we trust Lucas Arts, and just the fact that we're die-hard star wars fans. We put cash in their pockets, and get a piece of non-returnable crap in return.

Now, there's a newer, better version coming out for a better system with a NEW hidden character?! Fine, screw we die-hard fans over to make more cash! Do they honestly think that after so many people were stuck with this thing, and that so many companies raked it over the coals, we're gonna buy another copy? We're not lemmings!

I do have a Dreamcast - by the way, this system is in fact very cool, and Sega is working to amend their wrongs by orienting their products to fit user needs - but Lucas Arts can take this new JPB and stick it...you know where!

icon8.gificon8.gificon8.gificon8.gif

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited May 10, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

What I don't get is why LucasArts didn't take the time to make the graphics better. If they started the game earlier or finished later or both the games would have been much better. They'd get better reviews and a heck of a lot more sales if the games graphics were better and the bugs were fewer. Look at the graphics for Metal Gear Solid. It doesn't have pre-rendered backgrounds, and it's graphics are excellent. And it has very little in the way of overlapping polygons. Heh...just think if they made JPB similar to the gameplay for MGS. Now THAT would be a fun game.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi-Qui-Gon

Yeah it seems LEC doesn't put enough effort into its games. I would like it if just once they could make a game with comparable or at least close to comparable graphics to Metal Gear Solid. Also they need to work out the glitches... No game i have bought has as many glitches as the LEC games I have bought

------------------

Untitled-5.jpg

Guest Thermal

The graphics were pretty much the ONLY thing that I didn't have a problem with in JPB. I mean the PSX is about 5 years old. I thought the graphics were pretty damn good.

BTW, I doubt big time that the Dreamcast is going to just dissappear when the PS2 comes out. I'm going to buy the PS2 as soon as I can, don't get me wrong. But The Saturn failed miserably because it sucked and because Sega screwed up the marketing and nobody would make games for it. The Dreamcast is doing EXTREMELY well right now and TONS of developers still have games planned for it.

Guest Jedi Otto

In this convo about the PS2, i would like to say that to upcoming system by Microsoft, the X-Box, is going to kill every system on the market. In a lab analysis all specs for the X-Box were twice that of the PS2. Just thought that i would let u in on the secret. I beleive that Jedi Joe has a page that posts the lab test findings.

Archived