Home

Things to fix in the DC version!

Guest Darth_Simpson

Guest Darth_Simpson

1. Take care of all the bugs

2. Remove Panaka and Amidala as secret

characters and put in some Jedi instead, not just from Episode 1. I want Darth Vader!!

3. Include a Versus mode.

4. Double-bladed Maul

5. Remove some of the crap hidden levels, like Gungan Roundup and replace them with some cool ones!

6. Scrap the DC version and make one for PS2 instead!

Guest Jedi Shadow

That wouldn't be smart of lucasrts.

Sure if they did it DC owners would be very happy. but the PSX players won't be!

------------------

pic2.JPG

Guest Jedi Shadow

Maybe both?

Although buying a game twice is not my idea of money well spend.

------------------

pic2.JPG

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I haven't bought it yet, so I am hoping...

------------------

obi-wan_kenobi.jpg

Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Knight

Guest Acid_Rain327

You guys aren't getting it...

They will never make JPB for the PS2 - period. The PS2 will have backwards compatibility so you can play regular PS games on your PS2. Therefore, they'd just be wasting money making a PS2 JPB. That's how the big wigs in Sony see it - and you know it's impossible to argue with the big guys in the gaming business.

The reason JPB was converted to DC was for several reasons. First, the system is the most powerful on the market right now, but not THAT powerful. Games on both PS and N64 can be converted, and buffered up, because the gap between the PS and N64 to the DC isn't too large to be able to convert progamming successfully. For example, look at Racer. Same game as the N64 version, only with the speedier, DC processor.

Next, Lucas Arts did this for money. As I've said, they screwed us over with the PS version so they could hype the DC version, and make more money. Just look at that interview with the big Lucas Arts higher-up. When asked if Ki-Adi-Mundi was accessible in the PS version, he said we'd just have to wait...

Yeah, we have to wait for a conversion to a DIFFERENT CONSOLE. They think we're all gonna go out an buy a $50+ copy of essentially the same game we have now?!

We've all ready been screwed over, and you all are hyped up about possibly being screwed over again.

In conclusion, there will never be a PS2 version of JPB made, because they all ready have a version of the game playable on the PS2. The DC version will no doubt be a dissapointment, and I don't know about you guys, but I for one will not let Lucas Arts rip me off again. They're making an entire franchise out of this one game, and because of they hype they've created, the result are disscussions like this one. This is what they wanted - conversations start, people start talking about the game, and eventually the game is purchased out of curiosity, and wanting that damn new secret character.

Well people, support your local Blockbuster and rent the game. Find the code on the internet, play with the secret character for 20 minutes; you'll no doubt be bored with it by then. Then take the game back and congratulate yourself on not having purchased yet another nicely-decorated frisbee.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited May 21, 2000).]

Guest Darth_Simpson

Good piont, Acid!

Is there anny place where we can team up and make a formal complaint to LEC??

We should do that!

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Jedi.jpg

Guest Jedi Kenobi

we could, but I doubt they'ed even read it!

------------------

obi_large.jpg

Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Knight

Guest Kurgan

Well once Bleem! for the DC comes out, you can play JPB on the DC as well.

So DC users, PSX users, PC users, Mac users, and PS2 users can all get their JPB fix...

But hey, we know they're making a DC specific version of JPB, so why not?

One more reason to get a DC, I say. ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 22, 2000).]

Archived