Home

Knocked Maul into the pit in PSX version

Guest Master Kenobi

Guest Master Kenobi

Yarael Poof and I finally succeeded in knocking Darth Maul into the pit at the end of the game. This normally wouldn't be something so big, only, I've never heard about anyone doing it before. Has anyone else been able to do this, if so, how?

May the Force be With You....

------------------

Ewan2.jpg

Guest Darth Wart

Yeah, I've done that a number of times.

But the game glitches out; you can't get at Maul and there's no way to get down there and survive (in PSX), so you have to start again.

One way of getting him into the pit is by positioning yourself on the opposite side of it, then he'll try to hop over to get you, but many times he miscalculates the jump and drops in.

Another way is to pellet him with long-range techniques (such as a laser) until he gradually drops back in.

But in either case, you're screwed and the only chance you have is by managing to get your character off-screen for 5 seconds, so the game kills him, upon which you'll be replaced at the last checkpoint.

Whereupon you'd better not do that again!

Getting Maul to fall back into the pit AS HE DIES is, in my experience, not possible. Even if he's right up against it and you deal the killing blow, his dying animation requires him to land on the "floor," even if that floor is thin air. In short, recreating the movie is not happening.

Things are really different in the DC version, though.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by JamesP:

How did you get Yarael Pooof?

Yarael Poof is the screen name of Kenobi's friend. Both frequented this board several months back.

------------------

GuinRem.gif ACBII.gif

Archived