Home

When i try to install Patch it says......

CyhnXel

Directory Invalid

The target files could not be created

I posted this on techhelp forum but got no response im a little restless now the only game i got for my cpu is JK2:OC and im bored as hell already beat SP i just want to go on MP Can anyone help me?

could it be that your patch somehow got corrupted? Also, what's the state of fragmentation on your HDD? It could be that you're fragmented in a place where the fragmentation causes the patch program to f*&k up. Its happened to me before, so don't say that probably isn't the case. I first recommend defragging your hard drive, then try running the patch. If that doesn't work, delete the patch file and redownload it. Finally, if that doesn't work, don't throw away your patch file, instead uninstall JD2:JO, then reinstall, then run the patch again. If that doesn't help, call lucas arts tech support and ask for help. If that doesn't work, b1tch out the tech support guys via one nasty email. Lucasarts ltd. makes its games to make money and they know that if one customer is seriously dissatisfied, then it will cause others to possibly not buy their product, and thus not earn as much money. Let them know you're angry, and they'll begin to sweat and try and help if they weren't trying to be helpful before. ;) Good luck. :D

definately a fragged HDD then. You've done alot of file installation and deinstallation, so your hard drive has gotten majorly fragmented, and your comp can't find some necessary files in that heap of compartmentalized code. Go into My Computer and right click on your C drive (your hard drive), click properties and click on the tools tab. Next, click the button which says "defragment now." Next, when the defrag window appears, click analyzation just for kicks to see how much of your HDD is in red (fragged), ignore windows when it tells you that you don't need to defrag b/c you do (I've had a seriously fragged HDD before where programs were screwing up and windows still told me that I didn't need to defrag :rolleyes: ), and even if it seems that very little of your HDD is fragged, its that the files that matter for the installation are fragged seriously. This is because you've installed and reinstalled so many times that you keep reinstalling in a worn down spot of memory filled with lots of garbage from the previous installs/uninstalls, and the OS (doesn't matter that you're running WinSh!t, b/c a fragged HDD screws up any OS). ANYWAY, back to fixing you up. Click on defragment in the box that tells you that you don't need to defragment. Sit back, go grab a beer (or soda) and relax for a while b/c defragging is going to take a while, especially if your HDD is more than several gigs big (and since you just got your comp, I assume you have a HDD of over 20 GB in size or so). About 30 minutes at the least. Afterwards, run the update patch, and everything should go peachy. If it doesn't, do like what I said before and go b!tch at the tech support people till they help you.

Cheers,

~Sir Brass :D

Archived