Home

Help with creating an Internet server game please

Jetski

Can anyone help me, I've tried to set up a server on the internet, which involved me going through the create server with in Jedi Knight Outcast. However, when I go to my PC upstairs and try to join the server via the internet the server name does not appear in the server list to join. Obvoiusly it appears if I change to LAN but I would have thought I would have been able to see the server in the list from the upstairs PC. All I'm trying to do is be reassured that the game is appearing in the list so that I can sit there and wait for some opponants!

Also in the advanced options of creating a server what should I set the min & max ping to?

Can anyone help me with this

Thanks for replying. I've tried that and that works fine but of course what I want to do is join in.

Any other ideas?

Originally posted by Admiral_Ackbar8

try making a pure and dedicated server but you cannot play on a dedicated server

only other people can

Yes, that's the only I generally pick. I've downloaded the latest update 1.04 so I will see if that makes any differance. I notice now there are loads more servers listed.

Originally posted by Admiral_Ackbar8

have you tried a pure server???

im not an expert on game servers though

try going to FAVORITES, and ADD NEW FAVORITE, and just put in the ip:port.

Also you should think about using JEDI RUNNER for the server as the basic "create server" option doesn't really configure the server too great.

Then there's also "heartbeat". You have to make sure the server config has the raven master server listed. This will send a "heartbeat" to the master server enabling the server to show up on the in-game browser. JEDI RUNNER can be found in the files section of jediknightii.net and on jk2files.com in the tools sections.

Archived