Home

Ultimate Saber stinks

Guest Sorcerer_Vinny

Guest Sorcerer_Vinny

Here's my opinion of the ultimate saber: it takes the fun out of the game. I enjoy using the combos to kill enemies. But heres my question:

Does using the Ultimate Saber reduce the number of points u get? When u hit an enemy, u get points, but if it takes one hit, are u getting less points to kill that guy. It seems like this in my game, so i turned that sucker off.

If so, then why use an ultimate saber. You cant max out with it easily. And if u use it after maxing out, u probly alrerady beat the game with that guy and cant be killed by enemies in that lvl anyway. Just a thought.

------------------

qui02.jpg Sorcerer_Vinny

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Nope, you get all the points when you kill with the ultimate saber. For example, I was playing as Plo on level three with it, I had around 3200 points. I killed a droid (a 100 point droid), I jumped up to 3315. (this is an example, I don't remember the exact points, but I did get more than the 100.) So, yes, you do seem to get the full points.

As for it taking the fun out of the combos, try the combos when you are surrounded by droids, the ultimate saber definitely makes the kills look cooler, and more Jedi-like.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 28, 2000).]

Guest Sorcerer_Vinny

In that case, the Ultimate Saber does help getting ur other chars thru.

Thanx man.

------------------

qui02.jpg Sorcerer_Vinny

Guest ShadeShifter

I don't know. It seemed that using the ultimate saber does give you less points on Coruscant when I was using the ultimate saber, I was barely able to score over 55,000 points, but when I was using Amidala I scored well over 60,000 points.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest Jedi Dire

well, if you want to be technical, you only get like 5 points per regular hit (for a jedi)... for amidala or panaka, you get 20 per laser blast...

weird, huh?

~Jedi Dire

Guest Jedi Dire

well, if you want to be technical, you only get like 5 points per regular hit (for a jedi)... for amidala or panaka, you get 20 per laser blast...

weird, huh?

~Jedi Dire

Guest ShadeShifter

Another weird thing is the if shoot the little creature on level 2 with Amidala you gain a few points in stead of losing some.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest ShadeShifter

Another weird thing is the if shoot the little creature on level 2 with Amidala you gain a few points in stead of losing some.

------------------

newsig2.jpg

Guest Jedi Dire

like i said, you get 20 points per hit per laser blast. try kicking those little critters around, and you'd loose about 5 points each. but you shoot them, you gain about 10.

5-10= -5

20-10= 10

simple algebra.

biggrin.gif

~Jedi Dire

Guest Jedi Dire

like i said, you get 20 points per hit per laser blast. try kicking those little critters around, and you'd loose about 5 points each. but you shoot them, you gain about 10.

5-10= -5

20-10= 10

simple algebra.

biggrin.gif

~Jedi Dire

Guest 84Elan

The ultimate saber does take the fun out of some of the combos but it is really cool like Jedi K said when there are a ton of people around you and you go off on them. The one thing I miss with the ULS is Maul, Plo,and Qui Gons toss move where you can knock people over edges of ledges. I love that move esspecially on Curosont. Give those green guys some of their own s**t back.

Guest 84Elan

The ultimate saber does take the fun out of some of the combos but it is really cool like Jedi K said when there are a ton of people around you and you go off on them. The one thing I miss with the ULS is Maul, Plo,and Qui Gons toss move where you can knock people over edges of ledges. I love that move esspecially on Curosont. Give those green guys some of their own s**t back.

Archived