Home

OT: Moderators..trim the fat, please!

Guest quite-gone gin

Guest quite-gone gin

I am new to this board. I joined to get hints and insights to JPB, and also to share the joys, victories and frustrations of a great game. There are 24 pages of topics, 90% of which have nothing to do with JPB! I don't have time to sort through 24 pages of topics, let alone the multiple pages of the replies to those topics. Get rid of some of these old topics that have nothing to do with the game (and the new ones while you're at it. Or start a new board.

Fellow Jedi, put "OT:" (off topic) for topics that aren't specific to JPB. Some of these other topics are a lot of fun, but a lot of people come here looking for help and advice, and it's easy to get turned off by stuff like"council this" and "council that" and "I'm better tahn so-and-so."

Guest quite-gone gin

I am new to this board. I joined to get hints and insights to JPB, and also to share the joys, victories and frustrations of a great game. There are 24 pages of topics, 90% of which have nothing to do with JPB! I don't have time to sort through 24 pages of topics, let alone the multiple pages of the replies to those topics. Get rid of some of these old topics that have nothing to do with the game (and the new ones while you're at it. Or start a new board.

Fellow Jedi, put "OT:" (off topic) for topics that aren't specific to JPB. Some of these other topics are a lot of fun, but a lot of people come here looking for help and advice, and it's easy to get turned off by stuff like"council this" and "council that" and "I'm better tahn so-and-so."

Guest Hannibal

Most topics that have to do with JPB you can tell. Like a post titled "You guys are morons!" isnt gonna have advice on how to beat the boss on the Tatooine level. I agree though, this forum could use some pruning(this has nothing to do with prunes BTW wink.gif).

A lot of time it seems that people complaining about what's in some of the topics are reading Topics that may not be directed to them. Now I admit this is a public forum, anyone can read and anyone can post, but sometimes messages are directed toward people directly in a humorous manner someone reads it and knows it's not to them and then posts a complaint about said message. Then people get offended and reply. My first recollection of Lando is him saying how stupid he though Barnabus was for having the title of supreme chancellor. Everyone told him it was just a joke but he proceeded to attack those who tried to explain to him. The humor that many of the people on this board have shown is what keeps me coming back. The tips aren't bad (Wart is the King!), but there plenty of places on the web where you can just get tips.

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Potential Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited April 28, 2000).]

Guest Hannibal

Most topics that have to do with JPB you can tell. Like a post titled "You guys are morons!" isnt gonna have advice on how to beat the boss on the Tatooine level. I agree though, this forum could use some pruning(this has nothing to do with prunes BTW wink.gif).

A lot of time it seems that people complaining about what's in some of the topics are reading Topics that may not be directed to them. Now I admit this is a public forum, anyone can read and anyone can post, but sometimes messages are directed toward people directly in a humorous manner someone reads it and knows it's not to them and then posts a complaint about said message. Then people get offended and reply. My first recollection of Lando is him saying how stupid he though Barnabus was for having the title of supreme chancellor. Everyone told him it was just a joke but he proceeded to attack those who tried to explain to him. The humor that many of the people on this board have shown is what keeps me coming back. The tips aren't bad (Wart is the King!), but there plenty of places on the web where you can just get tips.

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Potential Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

Just testing my pic, I am really mad at you guys, and you guys are d*cks probably doesnt have anything to do with JPb either. smile.gif

------------------

shinobi.jpg

Shinobi...Shaking in his boots.

[This message has been edited by Obi-wan Shinobi (edited April 28, 2000).]

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

Just testing my pic, I am really mad at you guys, and you guys are d*cks probably doesnt have anything to do with JPb either. smile.gif

------------------

shinobi.jpg

Shinobi...Shaking in his boots.

[This message has been edited by Obi-wan Shinobi (edited April 28, 2000).]

Archived