Home

Not-So-Ultimate Lightsaber?

Guest Dave Maul

Guest Dave Maul

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, so bear with me. My name's David Moseley, I'm 14 and I live in the UK.

I've completed the Survival Challenge level and got the Ultimate Lightsaber. It claims it can destroy any enemy, except bosses, with one hit, yes? Well, try it out on a Destroyer Droid. One hit will deplete it's health almost completely, but it's still alive.

I should note I'm playing the European (PAL) version of the game in Easy mode at this time.

So what's this all about? Is it a glitch? Not drastic to the outcome of your game, but strange, none the less...

Dave

Guest Jedi Kanigget

It's also this way on the American version. The majority of the destroyer droids take two hits to kill with the ultimate lightsaber. In level nine I believe it only takes one hit to kill.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

yes, i believe that the "ultimate saber" should recieve a collective thumbs down, it makes the game far too easy, not to mention the small glitch with it that you two brought up.

------------------

Monkey.gif

Say "hi" to Bango, Jo-Jo's friend and faithfull sidekick.He helps me bounty hunt.

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter

-Calypso

Guest Stormtrooper

Yeah, i hate those yellow droids on level 4 who just keep blocking- even my best combos like obi-wan's xxts or sst don't work

Guest Solrya

Hey, I'm starting to realize that a lot of you people doesn't know the ranks for the Federation droids!

The white droids are the rifle

The blue are the pilots

The red is the security

The yellow is commander

The tall grey ones are the grapples

The tall green ones are the plasma

The strange-looking red ones are the flame

BTW, the commanders also appeared in Level 2, just look harder. smile.gif

------------------

2_bg.gif

Guest Plo Koon is No. 1

Yeah, but I believe there's only one.

Strange... The blue droids are easier to destroy than the regular old brown ones.

I think the ultimate saber makes the game more like the movie. In Ep. 1, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sliced through everything in one shot. The Ultimate Saber makes it more like that (although it DOES take the challenge out of the game).

Guest Weasel

Just a note on the Commander droids - the ones with a somewhat yellow jacket - in level four if they happen to begin their annoying blocking sequence there seem to be two options that work for me. If you wish to stay and fight wait until they begin their attack then hit them either just before or just after the sequence. If you want to finish them off the easy way then run backwards a little ways. They will follow for a little while then get tired and stop to fire at you at which point you can just block their shots back at them. 3 blocks/hits and there is no more worries.

Guest Kurgan

So the "Ultimate Saber" makes your blade more like a "real" lightsaber (in the movies)?

What's wrong with that? ; )

Kurgan

Guest cajun_master

kurgens right it just makes the game real and it can't make you a cheapo beceause you have to be realy good to get it anyway so its a cool thing they got except its not in 2 player.

caj-gon-jin

p.s.did you know qui-gon-jin gon and jin are poeple in tekken 3 weird

Guest 84Elan

The ultimate saber is sweat I for one am glad that the designers had enough thought to put it in. The game is a bit easier yet still is not easy by any means.

Guest Dave Maul

The battles against droids and sith lords aren't the hardest thing: it's those damn jumping sequences! Arrghh!

Guest 84Elan

Actually my favorite level in JPB would have to be the palace(level 4) with all of the jumping. It starts you out with a ton of droids to battle and then you have to jump and battle your way to the rather anti- climatic bosses. Levels 3-4 are my favorate. The music is hot on 4 too. Anyone else?

------------------

Remember...Your Focus Determins your Reality....

Well there is still one thing missing from the utlimate lightsaber..... utlimited blocking(also two player ultimate lightsaber)! How much would I enjoy blocking Darth Maul's lightstaff attacks for once. Oh and by the way, I seem to be able to kill Destroyer droids in one hit with obi wan. Ultimate lightsaber is awesome, it makes the game so realistic also it makes Obi Wan defensive force power(kill eveyrone in one hit that hit the bubble thing) strong as mace's.

Archived