Home

hollow cylinders

holgario

hello,

i have two questions concerning jedi outcast editing:

1. how can i create hollow cylinders?

2. how can i set an object like an imperial shuttle into my level? i cant find it in my menues!

hope, someone can help me. thank you

holgario:fett:

For a hollow cylinder, create a normal cylinder, then just thicken the walls(in the same menu as the one to create the cylinder) and that should be that, and you can adjust the thickness by changing the number, 4 is thin, while 16 is thick, but you can go as high or as low as you want.

For the models, you need to extract them from the Assets0(i think, the big one) with a program like Winzip or PakScape(which is very good btw).

Hope that helps.

rightclick youre mouse go to misc > misc_model then you go to youre shuttle slect it.

now you will see a big block and radiant is telling you he can't fin it. To make it show in the game and the editor push youre 'N' key, there is one on every keyboard, I think.

then you remove everything before Models\map_models\......

the put a / before models so you would have something like /models\map objects\ships\shuttle.pk3 , press enter (also on youre keyboard) and there should be a imperial shuttle

that's normal, you should make a clip brush with a clip texture, found in textures > system, make a block around youre model.

but cause you have something big and detailed you should make some more then just one (one for one wing, one for the other wing, one for leg 1 etc.. etc...) these should be where those parts are the wing brush at the same place as the wing itself etc... etc..

Archived