Home

Space battle or only AG action

Guest 84Elan

Guest 84Elan

Any one know it this game will have space battle like X-Wing or is it going to be all AG(air to Ground) missions?

All of the reviews I read don't say or I'm missing it. It does look tight though. I will check back in 20 days to see if anyone has even drifted in. ;-).

Guest Dave Maul

I have no definate answer, but it looks a lot like Rogue Squadron, and that had 2 levels set sort of in space: Level 6, The Jade Moon (You're not actually in space, but along the ground of a moon), and Secret Level 2, the Death Star Trench (No explaination really needed).

Actually, now I'm writing this, I think I read somewhere that it starts before Episode I and finishes during the movie, so it's possible there will be a "Battle Of Naboo" level where you and Bravo Flight go up against the Trade Federation Battleship.

Just quickly: Is this the one that is being released for PS2, or is this the one for N64?

Guest Kurgan

It's basically a marriage of XWA and RS.

Imagine the interface and handling of XWA (without the resource management) but with the air/ground and small learning curve that RS had.

Does that make sense? It's really a new game, but that's the simplest way to describe it.

I figure Starfighter was meant, as this is the Starfighter forum (PS2).

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 10, 2000).]

Guest 84Elan

Thanks gents! Yes this is the PS2 game battle for Naboo looks like RS all over again but it makes not diffents now anyway I sold my 64 for a down payment on a PS2. Anyway I really liked the resource managment on X-wing. Trade endine power for blaster re charging time and speed for shield power it was hot. I hope that SF has some space battles I mean come on how many movies have the fighters been doing WW2 style support and attack? Except for the snow speeders on hoth its been space all the way.

Guest Darth_Simpson

I only have one queastion! Will Starfighter include the attack on the Trade Federation Control Ship? That would be kickass. Battle for Naboo has this level, I think, and you can fly a N-1 Starfighter in Starfighter ( duh! ) so why should this level not be included. It would have to be the last level, naturally!

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Duel.jpg

Guest Commander 598

Or secret.

------------------

Yeah its interesting to me that preparing looks is a great bit like sitting on your ass.

Archived