Home

New shot color

master_thomas

I am making a mod for several things. One of which is to change the bryar shots to green. I edited the bryar_blob.tga and I nearly get what I want. Only half of the shot changed. It is now half green, half yellow. Green in the front and yellow in the back or yellow on the outside and green on the inside. How can I get the whole shot to change color?

Thank You! That changed the color so it looks more like those in the movies. :D

Though, on another part of the mod, I'm editing te weapons.cfg and doing things like increasing the ammo capacity and fire rate and adding dynamic lighting(this is mentioned in another thread and adds more realism), but when I edit the fire rates, every weapon fires once per frame. It has a nice affect on the Tenloss disruptor rifle, but it is not what I want. Also, where in the pk3 should I put this? Should I copy trhe ext_data with my edited files directly into the pk3?

Never mind, I figured it out. For some reason my weapons.dat is screwed up(thought it doesn't affect my game unless it is in a mod; wierd). The firerate variable for the merr sonn was 40 lol. The disruptor had the same, but it appeared as a solid beam that came into a stream that stayed flowing until you let go of attack;again lol. This mod ois part of a level and once I give the shots properly colored dynamic lighting, I will be ready for testing:D.

Archived