Home

Movie Battles Mod

RenegadeOfPhunk

Ok, I realise this probably isn't technicaly the correct forum for this post, but I'm sure a lot of the people who I want to see this post won't see it in the showcase forum - so...

I am on the brink of releasing a new mod called 'Movie Battles'. The main aim of this mod is to create gameplay which looks like it could come straight from the movies...

Now, this mod is intented to fundamentally change the way the game plays in several areas, including introducing new fairly polarised classes. Therefore, I think it's important it gets properly tested by at least one group of established, organised players -before I send it into the great wide world!

Hence, this post to you lot! I'm looking for a clan who would be willing to get their guys together and give my beta a good thrashing - ideally with as many players as possible.

A fair amount of testing has been done with bots, but the bots admittedly can't play the game very well! (They should only be used to balance uneven games I reakon...)

A quick rundown of some of the features:

* LMS (Last Man Standing)

* Classes (Jedi, Soldier, Mandalorian, Hero)

* New saber defense feature

* New saber styles

* Charge-clip for blasters (for more movie-like action)

* Proper Rebel / Imperial teams

* Proper models forced for both teams and classes

* Force powers and weapons removed which are not directly referenced in the movies. (There are a couple of exceptions to this, but only when nessesary for class balance)

There's also lots of other small tweaks.

Here's some screenies:

The new scoreboard... (As you can see, it's me and a load of Bots!!)

NewScoreboard.JPG

The soldier class. (Note the 'Re-spawn' count in the top-left)

SoldierStart.JPG

The hero class.

StartHero.JPG

The Jedi class (in the ready position of the new saber stance - red)

StartJedi.JPG

The Mandalorian class (the force bar now represents jetpack fuel)

StartMandalorian.JPG

Another one of the new ready stance:

ReadyStanceYellow.JPG

And here's a picture of the 'short' locks that occur during normal non-duel combat (Sticky sabers...)

ShortLock.JPG

You can now throw stormtroopers and officers around, and kill them with one saber swipe - just like in the single player game!!

(But don't get TOO cocky. They'll soon be back - and in greater numbers!)

ThrowingOfficers.JPG

ThrowingStormies.JPG

Another general combat scene:

JedivMand.JPG

You can see more details in this thread.

If you are interested, please contact me at renegadeofphunk@3dactionplanet.com. The sooner the better really, I'm hoping to release this weekend if at all possible...

Cheers

Archived