Home

Request for "Bot Orders" ... HELP RAVEN!

Kurgan

I tried emailing a Raven guy about this, but he basically just said it was "untested."

Now in Quake3 Arena and Unreal Tournament you could give the bots on your team "orders."

Since JK2 is a Q3 engine game, I would assume there would be some way to do it using the console or scripts of some kind.

If there ISN'T, then there SHOULD BE... we need some modder to release a patch to fix that. Right now as it is, if you're on a team with bots, verses humans, you can pretty much forget it unless they're a beginner player... they just don't do what you want (and at least a human player can respond to your suggestions to cover you or defend the base, etc).

If this was already posted or is common knowledge and I missed it, I apologize, but I've never seen anything to indicate that it works, and all my attempts at it have failed.

And finally, a plee to any Raven guys out there, who might be able to fix/test or re-enable this feature into the game. It really helped out a lot in Q3!

Well, there hasn't been an update since July, and they are doing other projects... probably (sadly).

But it would be incredibly simple for a Raven person to simply post and reveal the data or point us to the right portion of the source to modify to allow this to work again.

It's just such a vital part of team games... we desperately need a fix for it.

Archived