Home

hArd Question

RandomMonkey

I wanna fuse together the lava texture on water to get lava that u can sink into, I tried to just place the texture on water but lighting didnt work, or if I could make it emit light, either way can someone giveme a basic tutorial of shader ed and how to do this?? or if they know of an easier way

You have shader ed.

Open up the lava texture using open with and select shader ed. Hopefully, shader ed will open. Click on the shader flap and you will get a whole bunch of check and text boxes. Find water or liquid and check it. Then save it under the shaders folder as a shader.

I think that will do it, but please, next time, keep it on the original thread (In this case, the lava one you posted earlier[LAVA and ELEVATORS]) since you are new, I won't be too upset with this, but it is courteous to others.

My apoligies, I explained this badly. I never made a shader of my own, I only edited existing ones to emmit light etc. Tab is the word I was looking for.

Sorry. It worked for slightly modifying shaders, but I have no idea what I'm doing :(. I was hoping to help you and learn to do this myself, but I don't know how to make new shaders using shader ed. Someone plz help us! I tried a lava texture in shaders (blending), but it appeared in the picture preview only sometimes. The whole thing confuses me.:confused:

Archived