Home

unique sabers for custom NPCs

clu

I have a number of new NPCs in my SP mod that I want to assign different sabers to.

Is it just a case of creating a new "saber_modelname" directory in the "/models/weapons2" directory or is there something else that needs to be edited?

-clu

Thanks much for the reply. OK, I have a follow-up question:

In order to get my custom NPC to hold a saber, I needed to name him "reborn_whatever". Without "reborn" in the beginning of the name, he only used blasters for some odd reason.

Naturally, he inherited the reborn's saber hilt. Is there a way to make one of my custom NPCs "desaan_whatever" and have him inherit Desann's unique saber? I haven't tried it yet but I was just curious if I'm going about this the right way.

-clu

yes that going the right way also these would work for other e.g

Rebelsolo would get you a blaster carrying han solo

using these at the beginning of the name and on the class will spawn them with certain weapons

Luke- his saber

Desann- his saber

Reborn - u get the idea

jedi- the same saber as reborn but for good guys

Weequay-a bowcaster

Rebel-blaster rifle

St (stormtrooper)- same as rebel but for bad guys

that is all that is known so far

That's really, really helpful, thanks. That will be enough unique sabers for the mod I'm working on, it's just too bad Raven limits SP development so much. It's a really cool engine with a lot of potential, but just not a whole lot of flexibility.

Thanks again.

-clu

:cool: For the Blade Mod I'm goign to cheat and release it in seperate 'Chapters'. That'll boost the number of different melle weapons I can use in the overall story.

For example, we'd have a hypothetical 'Boss' somewhere in each chapter would each be based on Desann but with a different sword/staff and some tweeked settings/animations.

Cool, Covax. I'd be really curious to know how you do that. Are you going to have seperate PK3s and just load one mod level into another?

I actually was trying to get Luke to be my enemy so that I could have another unique saber to fight against, but when I made him an enemy in npcs.cfg, he spawned with a blaster.

-clu

:cool: Technically it'd be seperate PK3's saved into different folders.

GameData/KoD0/ (the 'demo')

GameData/KoD1/ (the first 'chapter')

GameData/KoD2/ (the second 'chapter')

GameData/KoDMP/ (the multiplayer)

Hypothetically with each release they'rd be an 'upgrade' to what's available for the MP, skins and weapons and such, so you'd be encouraged to copy the Charcters1.pk3 (for example) from the /KoD1/ folder to the /KoDMP/ or /base/ directory.

This is all theory though, based on what I though would with the 'Emperor's' levels.

Archived