Home

Preferred Control

Guest Jon Popp

Guest Jon Popp

I was wondering with what device people control Indy. I prefer a Gravis Exterminator game pad, but I have not tried anything else.

What method do you prefer?

Jon

Keyboard, but if a gamepad is more responsive in tight situations, I might get one.

What I really want is more games that use my Logitech Cyberman II 3-D puck. Best controller ever. But only Descent 2 ever worked properly with it. Now nobody bothers doing the drivers, and it's a bear to program by hand.

--Blair

Guest FotTrigger

Keyboard works fine for me, although I noticed that in my case running forward and right (SHIFT + UP + RIGHT) doesn't work, only Running forward and left...

and also sidestepping is not working in all cases....

But I prefer keyboard in all cases exept racing and flying games.

------------------

<<<Fottrigger>>>

"What is this? Sounds like steppin' on popcorn!"

Keyboard would probally be the better choice over the gamepad. Remap your controls to have them near each other and everything can be done easily and fluidly.

Guest Dark_Indy

Well, I have tried many keyboard setups, but I still prefer my gamepad config. I guess its just cause I am a long time JK/MotS player, I always use my gamepad....well except when you are a scout in MP on MotS, then I have an awesome keyboard setup...thats a little of the subject.

I just like the feel of a gamepad I guess, I really hate the feel of sliding from direction to direction on the keyboard, it is much smoother on the gamepad.

-Dark Fett

Guest Indiana Frog

Well, I don't have a gamepad (except an old Gravis, which I can't find), so I use the good old keyboard. It's odd though that I can't use the ALT button to run and forward jump, kind of like FotTrigger's problem, so I just use X, which is no big deal since I'm use to having that button as a jump button. I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro, but I've found that using a joystick in this type of game is way too clumsy. I can't walk a straight line and miss a lot of jumps.

Archived