Home

Did 1.04 ruin Heavy and Specials?

Deadly Geezer

I'm pretty new to this most excellent game. I downloaded the demo, played it for a few months, and bought the game a few days ago. I don't get to play humans because my connection is unreliable, so I leared all my saber skills fighting Tavion over and over again.

My default version is 1.02, and I think all the sabers were just like the demo. I switch between Heavy and Light. I love the Light thrust attack and the Heavy lunge, even though it's nearly impossible to land.

In Heavy, your default attack was a nice overhead that went all the way to the ground. Slow but useful if you could land it. But in 1.04, he does a wierd swing that ends before his waist. It's terribly innefective and he looks like he has arthritis when he does it. Why was this changed?

One of the things 1.04 did was not allow players to pivot during specials. Now using the Heavy Lunge is the same as bringing down the console and typing "kill". Maybe it was too strong against Human players? I can't imagine any human getting hit by this attack more than a few times.

Light Lunge is a lot less useful also. Maybe that's good, because I always thought this was a very strong attack.

I could never hit anyone with the Medium special to begin with.

So does anyone know why pivot was removed form Specials?

because they were cheap, and no one would do any other moves beside special

and yellow in non noob duels sometimes can be used effectively if you don't make it obvious like doing it in a combo not just running up to them and doing yellow special

red special is never used in non noob duels free hits for the enemy

blue special is used but is considered cheap because there's no real counter to it

Archived