Home

running JK II on 3dfx Voodoo 3?

Guest KaBuTaR

Guest KaBuTaR

hi,

i'm sure this question has been asked many times and i hate to rehash... but i was wondering if it is at all possible to run JK II on a Voodoo3 under WinXP Professional - i know it's not supported but it does run fine for Star Trek Voyager Elite Force and so I was wondering if there's a way to get it to run for JK II as well... coz it's giving me the 'could not load OpenGL subsystem' error msg on startuup... is there a drivers resource site for 3dfx users that i can go to or something else?

thanks

kabutar

Guest KaBuTaR

i had already looked at that actually... i tried what they said (installing the driver update) and it didn't work (they didn't install - maybe it's coz it's WinXP)... the link to WickedGL didn't work either...

any ideas by any chance?

kabutar

Guest KaBuTaR

ok - got wickedgl and installed quake iii drivers - copied opengl32.dll file into gamedata directory - however still gave me the same error:

----- R_Init -----

Initializing OpenGL subsystem

...initializing QGL

...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\opengl32.dll' ): failed

...shutting down QGL

----- CL_Shutdown -----

RE_Shutdown( 1 )

-----------------------

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

so following this i copied the dll file into the c:\windows\system32\ directory - it overwrote the file already in there (dont worry, i saved another copy of that one) which seemed to be newer... tried it again - still didn't work - any ideas what to do?

thanks

kabutar

Guest KaBuTaR

ok... i tried everything again with wickedGL and still no luck... would anyone have any ideas what to do?

thx again :)

Archived