Home

Assimilate issues...

graves

After I add a _humanoid.gla, hit build, and hit any key in the DOS window i get a message saying...

"Everything seemed to go ok CAR file written (CFG file not written for GLA-referencing model)"

When I open up the .glm file it created i get the XP error "Modview MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Does anyone know what the problem is?:confused:

After I add a _humanoid.gla, hit build, and hit any key in the DOS window i get a message saying...

"Everything seemed to go ok CAR file written (CFG file not written for GLA-referencing model)"

When I open up the .glm file it created i get the XP error "Modview MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Does anyone know what the problem is?

first take a look at your directory structure. Then instead of double clicking the .GLM try opening MODVIEW first then opening the .GLM

If this doesn't work open the assimilate program open the car file and click the modview button to view the model. Hope this helps. :)

I followed the tutorial at http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/tutorials/jk2_guide.htm

exactly. Thanks for the suggestions, but it still doesn't work. :( I'm beginning to think that either my root.xsi or my copy of 3dsmax4 is corrupted. Whenever i export my model as an .xsi, i get an error in 3dsmax saying Assertion Failed in file: BonesDef.cpp Line:9791. Could this be the problem?:confused:

Sorry that was the best I could come up with.

Sounds to me as if there is an issue somewhere with the model that 3dsmax is having trouble compiling into an XSI. Maybe there is too much of something. (Real technical I know) :rolleyes:

If I figure something out though I will let you know as I am still learning myself.

Good Luck.

Archived