Home

MP - Sounds - Footsteps

Gruusk [JJM]

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sounds of footsteps? (multiplayer)

I tried adding new sounds, and referring to them in the "Animsounds.cfg" file. i compressed in right .wav or .mp3 format, but still no luck. i was able to change the sounds tho, by overwriting all of them. (the boot1; boot2; etc files in assets0.pk3/sounds/player/...) but unfortunatly every skin/model used those sounds... that is not my intention. i want a specific skin/model to use the footstep sounds i want.

It's like the game is ignoring the "animsounds.cfg" file i altered for a specific skin. (and since every skin has it's own animsounds.cfg file, i thought it could work)

if anyone has more information about this, or a link. you'd be a great help.

i understand, thx

if i edited the sourcecode? would everybody be able to hear the different footsteps by only installing the skin/model itself.

I mean, if i altered it, would i be creating a mod, or just another file i add in a folder in my skin.pk3?

btw, if anyone knows more about editing source code...

yeh, i know that. but that will change the footstep sound for every skin and model ingame.

For example if i wanted to make a new Hutt skin, and change the sound of the "footstep", i would have to use some kinda slimy sound. IF i just replaced the boot sound files in the assets pack, i'd change all the sounds, also making kyle, luke, reborn,etc use those slimy sounds, and that's just crazy

yeh, that's what i thought.

I can't believe Raven forgot about this tho... (if it's true)I mean, ye could've of known that lotsa starwars fans were gonna make new yoda, hutt, etc -models.

If anyone does kno more about, or thinks it is possible. plz share. I hope this thread is not dead yet.

Archived