Home

IQ Points Exceed 1000?!

Guest bernluk

Guest bernluk

I don't know whether anyone else got the same weird thing happening, but I got a total of 1170 Indy Quotient points. That's after finding ALL of the treasures, and playing Return To Peru as the VERY last level. I got 50 points for all my levels, and I got TWO summary screens - the first one with 220 points, and the second one with 1170 points. Looks like the patch didn't fix too many bugs. Anyone had the same problem?

I had the same problem. I think the mistake centers around the game counting my Atherium level treasures as the Peru level treasures (the summary says that I have beaten Atherium and not Peru when it is the other way around). The scores all add up properly until I make the final climb up that leads to the end cutscene. After the cutscene my final score becomes 1170. There is no special recognition that I scored 1000 (or above) points. Is there a special screen/message? I would at least hope there would be, especially given the short ending (IMHO the ending cutscene should at least be half as long as the credits). If this helps solve the mystery, I bought the Peru map as soon as possible in the game (spent no money in the store).

[This message has been edited by Boxcar (edited December 14, 1999).]

Guest bernluk

Hey, so does the problem get solved if you buy the map as soon as possible? 'Cause I'm MEGA disappointed that you don't get ANY sort of recognition or some really neat cutscene or bonus that says "HEY! YOU GOT 1000 IQ POINTS!" I'm guessing that it actually might work IF we can get EXACTLY 1000 points, but at this point in time, I managed only either 950 or 1170 (the choice of whether to go to Peru or not). So attaining 1000 points is still a mystery to me. But if anyone manages 1000 EXACTLY, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

I have the same problem. And if you have 950 before doing Peru, and over if you do it, then there is something wrong. I'm wondering when the next patch will be released. As for something special if you have 1000, I don't know, was there anything special in Fate? Highest score I got on that one was 999/1000.

Guest bernluk

Well, I wrote to LucasArts, and they told me to use the update. I told them that I did, and then they didn't know what to say, except that it shouldn't affect gameplay and all that. As for the next update, there is no news from them about fixing this bug.

Archived