Home

Give Programmers a break

Guest nemesis352

Guest nemesis352

There are a lot of posts complaining about the number of bugs in this game, and I have a couple opinions to say:

1. Programming a brand new 3d game w/ a brand new engine takes time, work, and a lot of man-hours.

2. There are millions of chances to make mistakes in the coding, and even though I'm sure they'll flatten it out, there still will be some problems.

3. I am a programmer myself, and I know how excruciatingly frustrating it can be to get something to work right.

Conclusion: Give the wonderful people at LucasArts, who brought you this wonderful game, (though I think a level editor is called for) a bit of a break.

---------

"Isn't it great that we're finally getting along-"

"SHUT UP!"

Guest rabid_gamer

I for one think that indy has little bugs in it the only problems i have had is a few crash but hey reboot your computer it's not the end of the world!!! I argee that they need to make a Level editor for indy like they did for JK that what made that game even funner!!

Guest JKA_Indy_Jones

Actually, Indy uses a modified version of the JK engine, so it's not completetly new. However, the JK engine is designed for a FPS, not a third-person adventure game, so they had to make heavy modifications; only about 10% of the JK engine is unchanged.

I'm a programmer too, and yes it is tough to make everything go right. Lucasarts will release upgrades to get rid of the biggest bugs.

And would you rather have waited ANOTHER year for a bug-free game?

------------------

"You call this archeology?!"

- Dr. Henry Jones, Sr.

Archived