Home

Indy for Mac????????????

Guest quillionz

Guest quillionz

Hello there!!

I am a long-time fan and also a mac-user. I loved the movies, and Fate of Atlantis when it came out for mac. When I heard about Infernal Machine - I couldn't believe it, it seemed like a dream come true - Indy with the gameplay resembling the Tomb Raider series (which I also love), but, sadly, I do not have a PC, and it's unlikely that I will in the near future. So, does anyone know if it's going to be ported to mac???? ANYONE???? I posted this on several forums but noone seems to know - it's a life an death question!! I must see indy again!

The Kiwi

[This message has been edited by quillionz (edited April 26, 2000).]

Guest quillionz

Er, thanks for replying, but I don't think that I will ever go the PC way - there is just nothing else that I would use the PC for, and I don't think it's worth the expense. Unless you were referring to an emmulator . . . In actual fact I have access to Virtual PC, but I don't have a high-end Mac, so it would probably be very sluggish to run, still I guess I could try and accelerate the Mac I have now . . . Since I posted this message, someone has replied on another forum saying it may be ported to N64. So, I might have a look at that, but PC is out of the question . . .

The Kiwi

• 3 months later...
Guest THATS DR JONES TO YOU

YES ITS OUT ON N64, BUT GRAPHICS NO GOOD ON THAT!!! DID YA EVER WONDER WHY ALL THE GOOD GAMES(INCLUDING INDY) ARE ON THE PC? CUZ ITS SO MUCH BETTER!!! THE MAC SIMPLY CANT HANDLE THE GRAPHICS!!!

-OUT-

• 9 months later...
Guest Angel21157

WHATEVER!!!LISTEN, MAC IS JUST AS GOOD AND EVEN BETTER THEN A PC, ITS JUST THAT SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS ARE TOO LAZY OR DON'T WANT TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO MAKE AN MAC VERSION. MACS LOOK BETTER, RUN BETTER, AND ROCK, ITS JUST THE SOFTWARE COMPANYS THAT GIVE IT A BAD NAME. PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT THEY PREFER SO LETS JUST ALL USE ARE DIFFERNET COMPS AND GO ON IN LIFE.LATER.

Guest Angel21157

WHATEVER!!!LISTEN, MAC IS JUST AS GOOD AND EVEN BETTER THEN A PC, ITS JUST THAT SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS ARE TOO LAZY OR DON'T WANT TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO MAKE AN MAC VERSION. MACS LOOK BETTER, RUN BETTER, AND ROCK, ITS JUST THE SOFTWARE COMPANYS THAT GIVE IT A BAD NAME. PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT THEY PREFER SO LETS JUST ALL USE ARE DIFFERNET COMPS AND GO ON IN LIFE.IT WOULD'VE BEEN REALLY SWEET IF THEY DID DO IT ON MAC, A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME. MY SUGGESTION TO THE PERSON WHO FIRST POSTED THIS IS TO GO ON THE INTERNET, USE LOTS OF DIFFERENT SEARCH ENGINES AND LOOK IT UP. THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO FIND LOTS OF SEARCH ENGINES:

www.westlaser.com TRY IT!! LATER

Not sure if a windows emulator would be compatible enough (DirectX? 3D hardware acceleration?). Infernal Machine turns out to be very demanding so I doubt it will run in an emulation, however, I didn't verify that.

Archived