Home

MI5, dicussions...discussions...

sizuela

Well first of all I have to say.. no more Monkey Island.. I would rather go to some new Islands or maybe old ones in the new MI5. Not *return to monkey island* or something that has to do with that creepy boring island.. lol.. there's monkeys everywhere. gaaah! And the bowlingthing with the stones.. and the lava ride... or the monkey combat!? It was ruining the game!! Please don't turn MI to a actiongame... please? *lol*

I would really enjoy a couple of more thesims.. maybe a game where we could se guybrush and elaines son/daughter.. and guybrush has to keep looking after him/her all the time..

IF you can talk elaine into having one.. not a chanse! ;)

And the new villain? Should it bee the old ill-smelling Lechuck as usual or maybe a new one? What ever happen to Largo anyway?

I really like to here your ideas,

//Siz

um...you started two discussions on exactly the same topic... I would suggest lumping the ideas in just one topic.

...Largo was last seen in LeChuck's fortress right before an explosion blasts Guybrush to Dinky Island. Largo's fate is unknown. I think he should come back from an island that he was blasted to from the explosion to take revenge on Guybrush for shooing him off Scabb with the voodoo doll.

Thanx for the suggestion, I only thought it would be easier to have two different threads when the subjects are different.. I thought it would be comfusing to have to much talk at on place :rolleyes:

Maybe i'm wrong.. I will think about this to the next time..

Anyway.. as it is unpossible for me to move the subject from this thread to the other.. shall we continue? ;)

//siz

okeydokey...

I definitely think Largo should return. I think he should be the main villain. "Monkey Island 5: Return of Largo" Think about it: the right hand of LeChuck, yet he has avoided death much more often than LeChuck. He could hire Pegnose Pete to be his second hand man. They could have a plan to get revenge on Guybrush, 'cause Guybrush kicked Largo's butt off Scabb Island, and he also brought Pegnose to jail on Lucre Island.

Oh, and what's with the serious lack of villain pets? Every good villain should have an evil pet! Pegnose wouldn't go for a pet duck, though.

As for LeChuck? Maybe give him a break until Monkey Island 6. He could have an appearance at the very end that would show people the possibility of a sequel with him.

Here's some novels writen about MI5's:

(The one about Largo)

http://www.worldofmi.com/features/fan/novels/fetch.php?chapterid=101&novelid=38

I would really like Lago to come back too, it's about time! But do you think Largo has the strength to be on his own?

And I'm unsure if Lechuck would hire him again thought he never caught Guybrush the last time.. or he did, but he escaped. :p

I wonder what happened to Largo.. In the explosion guybrush blown away to monkey island, right? And Walley. hmm.. don't remember.. Largo must have blown to some place too, thought noone dies in this game? :p

But then again.. if the storywriters wanted to change the hole story and MI1 and MI2 was only a dream.. how could Largo be back!? :(:confused::rolleyes:

//siz

ok, yeah. you really did kind of open up two discussions about absolutely the same exact thing.

and why do you hate monkey island so much? correct me if i'm wrong, but you're really making it seem that way. and i can understand having changes, but that'd be like changing a classic. it's like having bambi and cinderella change places in one another's movies. it doesn't really work. but wouldn't that be funny. bambi and cinderella switch, lol. :D

and i'd have to agree on the fact that monkey island kind of was bad in mi4, but it was okay in mi1. and i think herman being gone is actually a pretty good thing. no more herman showing up and being annoying by saying meaningless, absolutely pointless trivial items of positively no interest (notice how i'm trying to exaggerate how much i hate having herman there?).

but i'm sure monkey island can't be that bad from two visits. you don't go there in mi2 or cmi.

i do think largo should come back, but he should be lechuck's shrunken head advisor or something like that. i don't, however, think he should be the main villain, that's kind of sucky, and i think that's one of the main factors that made emi kind of not good, with ozzie being villain and all. lechuck bows down to no one!

my guess is that largo either: 1)died, or 2) got blown clear to some other island that we could end up travelling to, say: pinchpenny? but that's my two cents, actually more like my two bucks. i don't know what i'm saying.

Have you noticed how wrong whings turn out in just writing one sentence? *l*

What I meant was NOT.. and now I mean really not.. that I hated the game "monkey island" ... I love it!! What I meant was the island "monkey island" the one where the canniblas and herman were. I know we can't forget about that Island, afterall, the game is called after it! But I don't know what's left to do there.. can you come up with something?

And as you said, we were there in MI1 and MI4 but not in MI2 or MI3.. I can see a pattern here.

MI - none - none - MI - the

continue would be:

none - none - MI

Or am I wrong? =)

If they didn't need MI in the second and third.. then..?

And just to make things clear:

I said I didn't want a "return to monkey island". This was beacause some ppl said they wanted this in the fifth game.. and I don't want that.. but that doesn't mean we can have it in the fortune? (If they now make more games.. wich I want!).

And ofcourse.. this is just my opinion.. =)

//siz

ok, first- i know you meant the island monkey island, not the game.

second- people just wanted to call it this, not necessarily return to the island. but then again, what would a last game be w/out a return to the place that the game is actually named after?

and i hope too that they'll make more, but i don't think they will unless the last one is a gigantic major super-fantastic mega hit.

Archived